Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai - Ch. 87

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like the elf got scammed. Really bad. Of course the city lord could have been scammed as well, but that takes a whole lot more guts than scamming some lonely elf.

Dex-chan lover
GD should do whatever the fuck they want with their translations though (they do GOOD work on a LARGE NUMBER of series btw). I can see how people can think of that as underhanded but ain't nothing stopping any group from releasing whatever the fuck they want regardless of who is working on what. Which is exactly how things should be. People just want things for free and the notion that a group has a stock pile of releases is somehow a "betrayal" just says alot about readers in general. Which is honestly sad.
Yeah, I don't really mind them being slow or even opting to not post anything. The thing people dislike is that they intentionally make other translators give up and drive them away from the hobby.
I don't think anyone mentioned it being a "betrayal" to stockpile things, though I might be wrong about that.

If we look at their actual throughput, they are probably still one of the more prolific groups even, and their quality is good. Personally I just wish they stopped posting their stockpiled chapters [in response to] when someone picks up a series they dropped (or whatever that kind of status should be called? on-holded?). Seen way too many tl's stop entirely from that demotivating experience.
Should I do the same with some of their series? It'll be a good drama
I don't think intentionally causing drama is really a good thing though :p If you find interesting titles where there is no drama to be had, is that not for the best?

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
On MangaEffect there are translations till chapter 93. Sadly, they don't upload their translations on MangaDex.

Dex-chan lover
lO5S2sK.png

Priorities of a thirsty receptionist.

Dex-chan lover
GD should do whatever the fuck they want with their translations though (they do GOOD work on a LARGE NUMBER of series btw). I can see how people can think of that as underhanded but ain't nothing stopping any group from releasing whatever the fuck they want regardless of who is working on what. Which is exactly how things should be. People just want things for free and the notion that a group has a stock pile of releases is somehow a "betrayal" just says alot about readers in general. Which is honestly sad.
@feha mentioned a bunch of examples, but I would like to give one more with context.
Savage Hero is the one that caught my attention when Silas started "sniping" after a 3 month gap. After that other TL's started "sniping" other series I was reading by GD, (coincidentally also with ~3m gap). I had no idea that so many series I was waiting on were actually being TL'd by GD.
GD was making good translations but at a slowish pace despite the available untranslated raws being in the double digits. The latest TL was 3 months old so a new TL, Silas, stepped in. GD responded in a big way posting several chapters with a credit/intro claiming they were "sniped" and not to read the MTL garbage sniper and stick with the quality TL'er. It also explained that the chapters were translated and posted on their home site, but forgot to post it on MangaDex.

The comentors did not take this BS kindly for a number of reasons.
1) Most only check new updates through MD so it didn't mater if they posted it on their site. It was still 3 months on MD and qualified as being dropped.
2) Silas was doing a good job, despite being by himself, and his quaity was similar to GD. I'm not even sure if he was using MTL.
3) Their were a large amout of raws available to be translated and this isn't the only series by GD that hadn't been updated in months.
4) They had bots post in the comments in support of GD and shit talk the new TL. (New accounts to just post that 1 comment, w/ false info about TL, and opinions clearly not what the average reader had, in support of GD.)

The truth was clear. GD despute doing good translations, had sprad itself too thin to cover more series than it could handle in order to prioritize the most traffic to their home site to earn revenue. When a new TL steps in to cover a series they take it as a threat and bully them out of the series. Usualy by diverting all recources that were spread out over all their series to mass release. With slander, drama, and throughput that a rouge TL can't keep up with, or not want to deal with, they ususaly drop and move onto some other series. Then GD goes back to their usual pace. (This is a classic strategy I have seen numerous times by other less than savory groups. IsekaiScans used to do this back when they were the main TL'er of all Isekai).

So What did Silas do? Like a mad lad he doubled down and did his own mass release, faster than GD ever could, and is currently 26 chapters ahead of GD!

Dex-chan lover
thats a good thing. especially if he enjoys and wants to share awareness and enthusiasm about a work (one of the most important roles of the scanlation community)

Dex-chan lover
But why is she that mad?

Let’s see from her perspective

• Broke into her house
  • Saw her naked
  • Restrained her when she attempted to get rid of the intruders

… I feel like the story is going into more detail of her circumstances. But regardless.

Dex-chan lover
@feha mentioned a bunch of examples, but I would like to give one more with context.
Savage Hero is the one that caught my attention when Silas started "sniping" after a 3 month gap. After that other TL's started "sniping" other series I was reading by GD, (coincidentally also with ~3m gap). I had no idea that so many series I was waiting on were actually being TL'd by GD.
GD was making good translations but at a slowish pace despite the available untranslated raws being in the double digits. The latest TL was 3 months old so a new TL, Silas, stepped in. GD responded in a big way posting several chapters with a credit/intro claiming they were "sniped" and not to read the MTL garbage sniper and stick with the quality TL'er. It also explained that the chapters were translated and posted on their home site, but forgot to post it on MangaDex.

1) Most only check new updates through MD so it didn't mater if they posted it on their site. It was still 3 months on MD and qualified as being dropped.
2) Silas was doing a good job, despite being by himself, and his quaity was similar to GD. I'm not even sure if he was using MTL.
3) Their were a large amout of raws available to be translated and this isn't the only series by GD that hadn't been updated in months.
4) They had bots post in the comments in support of GD and shit talk the new TL. (New accounts to just post that 1 comment, w/ false info about TL, and opinions clearly not what the average reader had, in support of GD.)

The truth was clear. GD despute doing good translations, had sprad itself too thin to cover more series than it could handle in order to prioritize the most traffic to their home site to earn revenue. When a new TL steps in to cover a series they take it as a threat and bully them out of the series. Usualy by diverting all recources that were spread out over all their series to mass release. With slander, drama, and throughput that a rouge TL can't keep up with, or not want to deal with, they ususaly drop and move onto some other series. Then GD goes back to their usual pace. (This is a classic strategy I have seen numerous times by other less than savory groups. IsekaiScans used to do this back when they were the main TL'er of all Isekai).

So What did Silas do? Like a mad lad he doubled down and did his own mass release, faster than GD ever could, and is currently 26 chapters ahead of GD!
I just want to add, if they claimed to have the "sniped" chapters on their site but forgot to put them on MangaDex, then that's complete bullshit. I should know, I checked both MD and GD homesite regularly (say what you will, the quality IS good).

The first few "sniped" chapters of Savage Hero only showed up on GD site after Silas posted his.

Dex-chan lover

It was beautiful watching it go down lmao

Dex-chan lover
The truth was clear. GD despute doing good translations, had sprad itself too thin to cover more series

Who are you (or anyone else for that matter) to tell GD (or any group) how many titles they should and should not scanlate? Honest question. People like to bring up the point of site revenue (as if site views actually amonunt to anything), but conveniently ignore the time, effort, and manpower required to organize and coordinate releases across multiple series. So a complete outsider who finds a group too slow can suddenly just tell a group to not scanlate so many series, just because they're too slow on X series they like? Awfully convenient argument there.

If you find a group so slow that it bothers you to that extent: don't read their releases. A block group option is available on Dex.

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, there ain't a single thing stopping any one person or one group from releasing whatever the fuck scanlation of whatever series they want. "Territorialism" is a shitty excuse to not work on a series. If a group quits because of it, they likely were not that interested or invested in the series to begin with. There are plenty of series that are getting scanlated by multiple groups concurrently, and that's a GREAT THING. Not just from a competitive standpoint, but it gives readers more choice. Translations aren't always cut and dry, and getting alternative points of view can be meaningful.

TL;DR - this is only drama because readers choose to make it drama, and more often than not for selfish reasons. It really sucks to walk into a thread and rather than seeing talk about a chapter there are people bitching about X group farming views or people taunting a group because X group one upped them by releasing the new chapters ahead of them. It's such meaningless toxicity that adds nothing of value to this site.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
The teenage angst authority has spoken. :dogewow:
Imagine thinking disliking turning elves into cowboys is "teenage angst" lol. Might as well turn them all British or Australian while we're at it too, right? Maybe make them say "Blyat" randomly because it would be funny.

Double-page supporter
Imagine thinking disliking turning elves into cowboys is "teenage angst" lol. Might as well turn them all British or Australian while we're at it too, right? Maybe make them say "Blyat" randomly because it would be funny.

Your pfp is pure teenage angst, the rest is just... Well nothing else to say to this.

Users who are viewing this thread