Reviews/Comment-sorting

Reviews
Yes, I know they are in the Planned section of suggestion. But considering that, that section is 1-2 years old and I don't see any review option anywhere I still wanted to make a thread about it. Just for attention. When I first came to this site and earnestly started reading, I almost immediately noticed the lack of a review section.
There is a reason there should also exist review sections and not only comment ones. When I, for the first time see a manga and I am unsure whether to read it, I first look at the comment section. Where I can only find a halfway earnest kind-of-review to center myself about the manga. A review-section would be helpful for deciding and sharing. With a system where, the more popular reviews get to be on top.
The whole review thing could also be called of, if there was an option to sort the comments by popularity which would need some sort of like/thumbs-up-down system.
Comment-sorting
Now about that system. When looking at comments it is pretty unhelpful, to only be able to see the newest ones. Which after all could come from anyone and say anything. For example I could do some prank with friends (which I won't do and would take quite some time) where I write Fart into every single comment section. And because of that everyone would read that.
Sure a strange example. But the best and helfpul comments just get branded as old and will be forgotten and only brought to light, to the one person who goes allllllll the way to the back of 'oldest comments'.
So please inplement some other way of sorting comments. (Yeah, i just noticed 'comment incentive' was also planned, but again last edited 5 months ago, so taking quite the time to implement new features here.)

Stop looking for other peoples opinions. Figure out if you like something on your own.

Contributor
Stop looking for other peoples opinions. Figure out if you like something on your own.
+1
d44286189f4464d399811fd02090fac4fc5034eb_hq.gif

Fed-Kun's army
All will be implemented in v5 of MangaDex. This version is planned for more than a year, yes they are working on it. ETA is unknown.

As for comments sorting, I doubt that they will do anything of the sort. Rating comments is rejected fyi.

Dex-chan lover
A review section by itself is a fine addition. You'd have a difficult time finding thorough reviews for some of the mangos here on other sites, after all, so it's good that it's planned.

Double-page supporter
Personally I find reviews absolutely useless.

What's typical review? It's something like...
* point 1
* point 2
* point 3
I like it very much. 10/10

All these points can be easily found from tags or sinopsys on title page without biased and absolutely meaningless "I (don't) like."

Dex-chan lover
Comment-sorting
Now about that system. When looking at comments it is pretty unhelpful, to only be able to see the newest ones. Which after all could come from anyone and say anything. For example I could do some prank with friends (which I won't do and would take quite some time) where I write Fart into every single comment section. And because of that everyone would read that.
Sure a strange example. But the best and helfpul comments just get branded as old and will be forgotten and only brought to light, to the one person who goes allllllll the way to the back of 'oldest comments'. So please inplement some other way of sorting comments. (Yeah, i just noticed 'comment incentive' was also planned, but again last edited 5 months ago, so taking quite the time to implement new features here.)
This sounds a lot like this.

Users who are viewing this thread