Ri-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 60

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that's some huge batch. Thanks for the translation!

Also, that's the second time I see a manga character piercing their own tongue. That's super dangerous and the chances of something bad happening are huge. :worry:

Aside from the self mutilation, I can relate a lot to her tho. Divorce a lot of times only causes grief to the kids because the stupid parents end up becoming the children of the relationship, disregarding completely the kid's wellbeing, becoming egoistical and possessive...

Thankfully Ri-chan has once again her childhood friend as support pillar.

Dex-chan lover
The .5 chapters make the progress feel a bit scattershot, but overall it’s been a decent ride so far.

Double-page supporter
Thanks @fettyman - I was already following this, and had the feeling that it might be a good one but between the mediocre translations and the slow releases, I couldn't really be sure. Now I am.

Looking forward to more.

Group Leader
Holy crap you’re insane
Np. Didn't mean to snipe. On the whole, your translations made sense, but I thought they missed a bit of context on a couple of pannels. I actually stole a couple of your translations because they worked so well lol.

Group Leader
Np. Didn't mean to snipe. On the whole, your translations made sense, but I thought they missed a bit of context on a couple of pannels. I actually stole a couple of your translations because they worked so well lol.
Honestly I’m more than happy that you sniped it, since as you said, my translations missed quite a bit (LOTS) of contexts. it was embarrassing to look at (its so ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!),

again, thank you for your work! very awesomr stuff

Last edited:
Contributor
We're back to the present. The suffering is over for Ri-chan... right? Tatsu-nii is finally here to help.

I just want to express my sincere appreciation for the fact that this is one broken childhood friend story that I know of, that dared to be more original and didn't use a tired, cliche rape subplot for some quick and easy drama to break the female lead into this state.

And Ri-chan spiraled because of a very believable, realistic reason too. Having your dreams crushed even after you gave everything and tried your best to succeed, is a bitter experience that will break a lot of people, even boys and adults.

On to a better future (I hope), now that she's hit rock bottom being an empty shell of what she used to be, the way is only up from here with one of her pillars of strength coming back into her life.

Group Leader
We're back to the present. The suffering is over for Ri-chan... right? Tatsu-nii is finally here to help.

I just want to express my sincere appreciation for the fact that this is one broken childhood friend story that I know of, that dared to be more original and didn't use a tired, cliche rape subplot for some quick and easy drama to break the female lead into this state.

And Ri-chan spiraled because of a very believable, realistic reason too. Having your dreams crushed even after you gave everything and tried your best to succeed, is a bitter experience that will break a lot of people, even boys and adults.

On to a better future (I hope), now that she's hit rock bottom being an empty shell of what she used to be, the way is only up from here with one of her pillars of strength coming back into her life.
I only really decided to translate this after the story started to pan out. The art style was cool, but good storytelling is way more important to me. Almost all romcom is cheap tropes (not that this doesn't have that), with no forward progression. This at least goes somewhere and tries to say something.

One of my only gripes is that he isn't really given a face. But, the fact that it's shown twice makes me think it might tie into her depression. The two times his face is shown are during the happiest moments of her life. I'm hoping the whole, "self insert" no-face gimmick is actually something a bit more deep. It would honestly cement this as a damn good story.

Users who are viewing this thread