Rinko-chan to Himosugara - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - The Evening Smoke Along the Road

Dex-chan lover
So the mom appears, Haruno lies, and we get a glimpse of Rinko as an older person. I am glad Haruno got a job but I can't help but feel like the lie he told is going to cause a crack between him and Rinko, especially since he said he would no longer hide things from her. I am also starting to reconsider the mom. Maybe she is ashamed or doesn't think she deserves to be around the daughter? Oh I can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh I'm not sure whether or not telling Rinko about her mom is right or wrong. On one hand they are not trying to keep secrets from each other and she does deserve to know. On the other hand Rinko doesn't need to be hurt anymore until Haruno confirms her mom's intentions and feelings. I don't blame Haruno for not telling cause of his experience with her dad along with Rinko's abandonment trauma. It would be very hard to tell a kid that was on the verge of breaking that kind of info

So the mom appears, Haruno lies, and we get a glimpse of Rinko as an older person. I am glad Haruno got a job but I can't help but feel like the lie he told is going to cause a crack between him and Rinko, especially since he said he would no longer hide things from her. I am also starting to reconsider the mom. Maybe she is ashamed or doesn't think she deserves to be around the daughter? Oh I can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the chapter.
Definitely a level of self hatred within the mom. We did see her walking around barefoot in the snow searching for rinko.

Fed-Kun's army

Thanks for the chapter.
ngl, if he told told her, i'm pretty sure it's gonna get worse...

Dex-chan lover
i just want to see the ending, even if its bittersweet. only so few chapters left...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I do agree with Haruno on this one. Her mom literally abandoned her. She hasn't been around for a while now. She may actually know She's been living with Haruno. For now till Haruno can face Rinko's mother. I agree it's best to not tell her about her mother.

Dex-chan lover
From the looks of her yes it's, and yes she looks happy, and living in a better place too. Looks pretty positive to me.
either that or a fantasy, this could easily go south with haruno somehow getting arrested or her being relocated into fostercare XD; or her having her own child and not abandoning them or another 'kept man' if haruno moves on XD

Users who are viewing this thread