Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 14 Ch. 59 - My dear home

Dex-chan lover
You can check the credits, but I think the translation is owned by Seven Seas alone.

Also, have you guys actually seen the official translation for this, or are you just basing your beliefs on doomposts?
I don't know about the rest, but I personally have seen many cases of Sevenseas making a stinking pile of shit out of the translations they do. The worst part is even their own outsourced translators come out and accuse them of editing the translation too much.

I, personally, have also seen a few of their translation fuck ups in a few series. Albeit, probably not this one yet. I may cross-compare the Japanese version and the Sevenseas version if I see something out of the ordinary. But, as it stands, the fan translation is doing an acceptable job so there's no reason for me to even touch Sevenseas' version. Yet.

Double-page supporter
I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Pretty in much every case I've heard of you just learn both languages. I speak from both personal experience and knowledge. The most efficient approach to this is if each parent( or even grandparents) speaks a different language exclusively.
You're correct. It doesn't hinter the child at all. They will just learn both and become native speakers without problems.

Dex-chan lover
You can check the credits, but I think the translation is owned by Seven Seas alone.

Also, have you guys actually seen the official translation for this, or are you just basing your beliefs on doomposts?
From what I have seen of this series (I didn't do a super deep dive and only read some chapters when the available ones online passed TOOR) this series isn't noticeably messed up (again I didn't read all the chapters they did) but there are several series Sevenseas has messed up that it's been proven.

Dex-chan lover
Great TL, thanks!

Imma guess that Freya of the refrigerator wants to contact the remnants of the "White Empire" to form an alliance against the Cristian religious zealots of the North.
... but that's just a guess.

As for the Twin Kingdoms thinking that our MC is an idiot or weak or something, they should just be glad he's Japanese; most Americans, when even marginally think that their children  might appear to be threatened wil make speeches about "one stone not left upon another," and stuff about "salting the very earth," and creating "a desert called peace." (Maybe not a smart move for a monarch, but some people have a line you don't get to cross...)
Japanese will (usually) wait for you to actually cause a problem before bringing down the hammer, where some people just... "proactively" start hammering.

Dex-chan lover
From what I have seen of this series (I didn't do a super deep dive and only read some chapters when the available ones online passed TOOR) this series isn't noticeably messed up (again I didn't read all the chapters they did) but there are several series Sevenseas has messed up that it's been proven.
Same; I haven't looked at other TLs of this title, but SevenSeas has done some inexcusable shit in the past.
Feel free to look it up if youre really interested; I'm not interested enough to try and sway your opinion, but it's not hard to find.

Dex-chan lover
Am I remembering things wrong about Freya needing approval from her family to become a concubine? Did I miss the part where she went and visit them and get approved? I feel like there is a big blank about what Freya was doing until this point. Or maybe my memory is fucking up.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't the Twin Kingdom have an enemy? Wasn't the so called Unification is also a pretext to the Twin Kingdom to bolster their kingdom (point fingers to the Capua Kingdom as a scapegoat and reason for the unification) before their enemy finds them? Does Freya's country/kingdom is the enemy of theirs? or was it a different one that wasn't mentioned yet? :unsure:
If I recall, Freya's Kingdom is the one kingdom of the north that is not the religious enemy of the Twin Kingdoms and is in fact their enemy as well. So they could be natural allies. It was here in chapter 28 that it was mentioned.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure it doesn't. In pretty much every case I've heard of you just learn both languages. I speak from both personal experience and knowledge. The most efficient approach to this is if each parent( or even grandparents) speaks a different language exclusively.
Thing is Zenkichi here is not even of learning age yet, and only Zenjiro can converse with him with Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Oof, sucks that he has to be careful with how he speaks with his son. Mixing up two languages can put a strain on someone young.
eeh, idk if i would necessarily agree. when i was a kid i used to watch cartoons in germal basically all the time to the point where i could speak fluent german. i never had any issues confusing it with my native language. but i guess you could argue that there was a clear division as to what language to use, since i used a completely different language when speaking irl. and i really didn't talk that much in german anyway

Supporter
Their construction and architectural prowess in Capua is among the best, isn't it? Importing magic tools may not be necessary. Zenjirou should check his references for Persian Windcatcher towers. Short description, they're heat exchangers which capture wind from a higher point, and channel it to underground irrigation passages to cool. Then another vent sends the cooled air back up into the building, like centralized air-conditioning. Even as an expensive endeavor, it can be justified as earnings for the contractor, and scores of people in the inner palace will benefit, instead of just one chamber for that magic tool.
Not forgetting ancient Egyptians actually making ice with similar set up made with rivers' water pressure, if I remember right.

Dex-chan lover
Am I remembering things wrong about Freya needing approval from her family to become a concubine? Did I miss the part where she went and visit them and get approved? I feel like there is a big blank about what Freya was doing until this point. Or maybe my memory is fucking up.
She already left and came back

Dex-chan lover
Just looked at novel 13 description and Freya still isn't a concubine... So will that be like manga vol 40? Lol so slow

Double-page supporter
Oof, sucks that he has to be careful with how he speaks with his son. Mixing up two languages can put a strain on someone young.
That's a total load of bull. Children of bilingual families have no issues.

It is actually extremely HARMFUL to not speak as many languages as possible in front of your child. Children do not learn language the way adults do! They do not 'study' it, they 'assimilate' it. Something that is hard for adults.
Thanks to that, a child that learns multiple languages as young'uns will be able to speak all of them flawlessly, understand all of them flawlessly and have easier time learning any other language in the future. They absolutely will NOT mix them up. At least, not past 3'rd or 4'th year of age.

Furthermore, the more languages they learn, the more intelligent they will be as they grow up.

In other words, what is shown in this chapter is how to hurt your childes future for no good reason. The exact opposite should be done, surround him with as many languages as possible. It doesn't matter whether they would be spoken to him or around him. As long as he will hear them, he will assimilate them and grow with them. Proof? My English is learned from watching cartoons in English when I was a kid, then 'leveled up' as I started playing games in English. I've never, not once, had an issue with differentiating between English and my native language, and instead I can think in both. I do not need to translate between them in my mind, ever. My nephews have parents with two nationalities and hear both languages. They also have no issue differentiating between the two languages. Not now, not when they were just beginning to speak.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Tbh, I like Princess Freya way more than three loli or any of her rivals in the twin kingdoms. So I'm happy to see her once again force her way into the story 😂

oh man oh man how i miss their little talks and some quality time with each other. i still remember how she said she's lucky to have our mc since he could just be a deadbeat seed-giver but he still chose to support her ruling in every way he can.. like how fucking sweet is that statement :glee::glee: it's also sweet how she appreciates mc's every action not matter how little it is
Your monthly reminder that MC actually does zero sponging

Users who are viewing this thread