River End Cafe - Vol. 7 Ch. 61 - A White-Tailed Eagle, Flew

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Where I live, white-tailed sea eagles are very common, golden eagles as well. There's an eagle nest on a shelf in a vertical cliff just a few minutes walk from my house, it keeps producing chicks year after year, so I see them often. Shiro is an adult bird (5-6 years +), that's when they get the white tail feathers and the yellow colour on the beak. For golden eagles it's the opposite, only young eagles have some white feathers on the tail and wings.
I have seen crows and magpies harass ravens and act a bit agressive towards eagles in the air, but the eagles don't seem to mind it much. The eagles can always outclimb the crows I guess.
Some deer hunters had butchered a few deer at the edge of a field about 150 m from a little used road close to here about 5 years ago, and a couple of sea eagles were there daily (no, they don't just eat fish). It was a great place to observe them, and the crows were there too. The crows kept a respectful distance, jumping forward to grab a little bit when they saw the chance and otherwise waiting until the bosses left.
The only time I have seen a sea eagle in real distress was a few years ago when I drove alongside the fjord to get to work. It sat in a tree on the beach and was harassed by dozens of herring gulls, with the feathers speckled by their shit and puke. I felt really sorry for it as I have also received both those gifts by those nasty gulls. When I returned after work it was gone, it must have taken a bath before it left as its feathers didn't look to be in flying condition when I saw it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's been a while i don't see update of this beautiful manga, this manga tell and teach many lesson about presective of life

Users who are viewing this thread