Rivnes - Vol. 9 Ch. 53 - Me, My Little Sister, and Going Around In Circles

Dex-chan lover
What is "going around in circles" mean?
It mean doing a lot but not achieving anything because you keep coming back to the same point or problem.

And nice chapter. I agree with the translation: Tetsu, you deserved it!

Asuka is definitly more direct than I tought. (And good lord Nanase's reaction to the letter was so damn cute)

Thanks for the translation! o/

Aggregator gang
I'm glad the series is finally showing that this type of obsession with a sibling has its repercussions. The way people were talking about him in previous chapters and feeling nanase was "forced" was a bit odd to me since I understand the series has its comedic undertones but in all honesty being this possessive and obsessive over a sibling is extremely unhealthy and not "cute". Anime and manga definitely make it way more normalized since its a common troupe but im glad this manga takes it a bit more realistically. There's nothing wrong with caring and loving for them but there needs to be a line for different relationships and hopefully Asuka gets the full emotional capacity she deserves (well she does we all already read chapter 80)

Big win for Nanase, our BOY

One of the only main characters not suffering this chapter :pacman:

Fed-Kun's army
What is "going around in circles" mean?
I actually wanted to include a small section of this in the TL notes but I rambled a bit too long lol, so I will do it here instead. KafukaPalazzo's explanation is correct regarding the title.

The original chapter name uses "空回り Karamawari" which means to Idly Spin, usually used in the context of an engine stalling. The usage of the term means something along the lines of "wasting time through fruitless efforts". I just thought that it was a big coincidence that the way it's used is exactly the same as the English idiom of "going around in circles" and both being related to "spinning" and "in circles".

Obviously "Idly Spinning" would be a more accurate translation, but I think after proof-reading a bunch, the main point is to not just map the words one to one but to localise the terms so that it flows much easier in English. Japanese is also slightly verbose from what I get from the MTL.

Double-page supporter
It's weird seeing tetsu feel down when he see Asuka with other guy, while Asuka it self already say that she love tetsu so much, but at the same time author do this to set tetsu mind making him think "this imouto obsession need to stop",

My point is, there is gotta be another way instead of introducing 3rd party that is cliche one that gonna do something like " Challenge me, if i win Asuka is mine" I hate that

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
It's weird seeing tetsu feel down when he see Asuka with other guy, while Asuka it self already say that she love tetsu so much, but at the same time author do this to set tetsu mind making him think "this imouto obsession need to stop",

My point is, there is gotta be another way instead of introducing 3rd party that is cliche one that gonna do something like " Challenge me, if i win Asuka is mine" I hate that
I personally think that Yuzuki already knows that he has no way of winning, especially after Asuka told him that she'd wait. But some romcom have made rivals be way pushier than that so I think it's a fair to feel like what you said might happen. Who knows.

Dex-chan lover
I finally caught up with all the chapters, and I still don't understand why no one translated this manga before. Thanks for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread