Road to Kingdom - Vol. 14 Ch. 79 - Treia Conflict (2)

Dex-chan lover
JMGLkMP.md.jpg

Group Leader
Dude this chapter really looks like or perhaps a copycat from isekai kenkokuki chapters 38-42, but sir endigo's sacrifice is more dramatic and i love it
THANK YOU!

I thought the exact same thing when I first saw the raws. Is this actually based on something? Some historical soldier who tricked his enemy into firing arrows across the border and started a war as a result?

Dex-chan lover
LMAO I feel like I've read this exact same thing before. iirc it was some Isekai manga.

Dex-chan lover
THANK YOU!

I thought the exact same thing when I first saw the raws. Is this actually based on something? Some historical soldier who tricked his enemy into firing arrows across the border and started a war as a result?
it's quite unlikely imo:
  • if both sides don't want war, and it's a 3rd party trying to trick them, it would at most end up as a skirmish and then both sides will settle the conflict later.
  • if one side really want war and try to get a Casus belli, they would probably send a couple of spies to do the job rather than waiting for an event of some random dudes do some random actions

Dex-chan lover
Used to make fun of "walmart berserker" but the story is getting pretty good. Bit cliche, but still good.

Dex-chan lover
ngl this is very similar to that other manga - from the tragic wife to being martyr. (or maybe this is just an overused plot)
I was having deja vu! Even the wife part was the same... I think both were very well done though I liked this one a lot more.

Dex-chan lover
Dude this chapter really looks like or perhaps a copycat from isekai kenkokuki chapters 38-42, but sir endigo's sacrifice is more dramatic and i love it
It definitely is. Almost exact copy from isekai kenkokuki
In manga format Kenkokuki did it earlier, webnovel wise, after some googlefu.
Kenkokuki's respective WN chapter is 48-53 which was published in 2015.
RtK did it earlier as its respective WN chapter was published in 2014.

Dex-chan lover
Tropes are tropes for a reason. Used overused and abused just because they somehow work as plot devices, until we one day complain about how repetitive they've become.

Double-page supporter
Aegir is honestly always surprising me with how intelligent he is; creating a false flag attack is some high tier power moves.

Dex-chan lover
A seasoned soldier, a good commander, someone with a good head on his shoulders. He will be a good officer for Aegir...
8z39BP2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread