S.I.D. - Supernatural Investigation Department - Ch. 288 - Enemies (4)

Like yeah that's tough but honestly after her betrayal and compared to Tenka backstory it's hard to feel bad for her. She at least has a support system.

God I love this series. So Sophia has a sad backstory too, but I feel like this highlights a parallel between her and Tenka. Basically, Tenka was never protected from feeling responsible, but Sophia obviously was... And I think the end result is that Tenka has basically grown up faster.

Once upon a time "Alex" was a member of somos. He was full of anger and despair at how he was treated by the living. He felt helpless and guilty over his stepmother's death. When his brother offered him another path, Tenka took it because he felt like he owed it to his brother, not because he had any real hope for himself. (that's how I felt anyway.)

Right now, Sophia is a member if somos.... She's full of anger and despair at the world and her failures. She can't change past mistakes, and must move "forward." ..... But she hasn't gotten her second chance yet. Not like Tenka did, explicitly.

I'm really conflicted about her. I've always been on the hate Sophia team, but I halfway want simoon to offer her a way out now.... I just don't know if she'd take it. She's really hit rock bottom, but it's *not her fault.* so why should she change? Her support system did too good a job of protecting her from responsibility and the agency that accompanies it.

But Tenka was rarely protected. Everything was *his fault* (even when it wasn't). As a result, I feel like he was more self-aware, and humble to the point of self-effacing, destructively humble. But Sophia became more self-absorbed and arrogant. Because it's not her fault - - she's going to do good things with her power. It's not her fault that people get hurt along the way. That's the *world*, not her. ... And now here we are.

I didn't mean to go on a giant rant, but @MushroomQueen got me thinking about Sophia's "support system" lol.

@kitukwfyer

That's a pretty good analysis.

Personally I think the biggest difference is that it looks like Sophia has others looking out for her during and directly after her trauma. Tenka after his stepmother first and second death was abandoned (first his father and brother leaving after the suicide and then his mother cutting him off after he killed her ghost) for about 15 years Tenka has been alone and that's if you consider his mother a support system (not sure that I do because of her drinking and her quickness to send him away after another trauma.) It was only until the age of ~27 did Tenka actually get a healthy relationship and support system through Theo. I can't imagine how painful Germany would have been with trauma, drugs , andonment (and probably depression and self hate... I personally suspect he was suicidal at some point)

I also apologize for my rant, I just can't get over how much author put this character through. I also hope Sophia leaves Somos and gets better

Oh they brought back that girl from way back when Simon was just a normal police officer! And she can see ghosts too what a twist!? Why are they both in a graveyard though im confused?

Users who are viewing this thread