Saguri-chan Tankentai - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Gifu Prefecture, Cave Exploration

Dex-chan lover
@Aoitenshi
giphy.gif

Fed-Kun's army
"Zoom" doesn't work inside caves or other indoor environments, noob. You have to use "Evac" instead.

Dex-chan lover
Saguri trying to squeeze through on page 7 brought back memories of The Enigma of the Amigara Fault by Junji Itou.

Spelunking may appeal to some, but it's a definite nope from me...

Dex-chan lover
@AbuHajaar

No shit, that's what freaked me out. One hole where the MC almost got stuck, Saguri almost got stuck in the crevice, then they had to basically crawl through cold water in the dark with little breathing room?

I'm honestly surprised they had no professionals guiding them in case of emergency. Can you imagine what would happen if there was an earthquake, as those are frequent in Japan, and they started panicking?

@abedeus
Caves are actually generally safer places in earthquakes the main thing is you’ll hear a noise from all the rock (sounds like an aeroplane but you’ll feel nothing typically not even shakes) but so long as it’s not a weak cave (the type only hardened explorers are allowed to go to) it should be fine if not safer than a house.
@weoooo that was a very safe cave it’s something a caving club would consider a freshers cave since it’s easy to get people out of being stuck in such a cave there’s no crazy traverses, no need for SRT, no coffins or squeezes (the part she had trouble with is typically the norm for sothern UK caves with large head high + more the odd areas we would name as landmarks for the cave) the water is not even knee deep it’s a safe cave the type you’d take your 10 Y/O to.

To add i think only having one guide is quite bad for first timers though since to prevent the freshers getting lost in the cave (granted this cave was a tunnel) we typically have one person in the front and one at the back keeping an eye for wanderers also they didn’t do the safety talk in the cave which VERY VERY important in RL but it’s a manga so forgivable (it’s not a boring safety talk though it’s quite... memorable). To note the reason why i would call this the type of thing for a 10 year old is because this is exactly that in the UK there are activity camps for kids here where caves like this (although with rigging usually) are used as one of the activities.

@habuajaar that last part is extremely normal for caves with a lot of caves having much deeper levels of water for the activity it’s why cave diving is a thing but in this it just seems like a lot since they’re crawling in actuality it’s barely higher than half a wellie, the sinking feeling is mostly just from the mud at the bottom which slips very easily but it’s typically (and in this case) a thinnish layer with very hard rock underneath (the reason i wear gloves)

Users who are viewing this thread