Saike Mata Shite mo - Vol. 12 Ch. 107 - Enlightenment

Dex-chan lover
Ah, one person close to him died and some people were being assholes

Checks out, totally cancels out all the murder and mindwashing

We got a morally grey villain boys! He's totally not an evil psychopath

MD@Home
I honestly expected the mob to be connected to Sumire's death - but in the end she would have died regardless. So aside of being morons in general, their fault was that Johann could not get to her quick enough, or... ?
Honestly, not quite what I was expecting as the source of Johann's hatred. It's like he's not even pissed about the injustice towards oracle holders, but he's simply mourning the loss of a loved one he could do nothing to save.

Fed-Kun's army
Remember when villains had sympathetic backstories that weren't sappy bullshit but actually well thought out character pieces that were morally ambiguous yet rationally sound at the same time?
Pepperidge farm remembers

Fed-Kun's army
This backstory isn't even decent, considering Mikan's still within proximity of Johann (who obviously saw Saike toss her to safety). Feels like a dropped ball.

Fed-Kun's army
The entire excavation team acted like mindless morons.

Fed-Kun's army
@nanze: You'd expect university educated field archaeologists, ones that are looking at Central American burial sites no less, to behave better.

Dex-chan lover
@Crombs Tbh I don't think this is any attempt at playing down how he was a psychopath, just give an explanation for why he thinks giving oracles to everyone is something he wants to do (and show why his closest friend might not agree).

Dex-chan lover
The fantasy side in stories about discrimination is not in special abilities but in people reactions to it. In what world would a linch mob calling asomeone "monster" is natural occurence...
@QGC129 Yea, but then nazi came and killed their lovers.

Fed-Kun's army
Why do hateful people in comics and mangas always react with mob lynching the "freaks"? Like come on, lets be real here. chances are that in a group like this:
- only 7% of people would actually be xenophobic enough to call them monsters and try to attack them because of their powers
-18% would be friends of that 7% and support them without really believing they are monsters, but just going along so the 7% doesnt gets in problems doing something stupid.
- 60% dont give a damn and are ready to run at the first sign of danger. They are likely here because of peer pressure
- the last 15% arent even sure whats going on

Like bro, why is it always that the freaks use their powers and everyone becomes an echo of "monsteeeeer" in unison? and over a relic they dont even know? Are they that desperate for extra credit?

Double-page supporter
Dude

If I met someone with powers like that, I'd just be curious

Not FUCKING HOMICIDAL

That's....a lame backstory tbh. I really expect there to be something more than the usual Xmen lynching backstory for Johan. It feels way too cliche lmao

@Crombs exactly lmao I really thought the mob were gonna kill her or something. She would have died anyway, with or without that chase. Johan is straight up a moron for all his killing after that, he's lucky his best friend still has a head on his shoulders

Dex-chan lover
3/10, not enough despair
his friend ain't even the least bit broken even though he's the one that blown out their cover in the first place

@SightWarden the cherry on top is that those mob don't even help digging that relic
like, it's one thing if the relic was found in a shared place where they dig together, but nope, what an entitled bunch

Also agreed, weak backstory. Also stupid of the mob to be like that relic is ours. That ancient relic that was created by the ancestors of the people that live here in Mexico belongs to the German university thousands of miles away. Let's all kill the monsters.

I know that it makes the mob look worse, but it just looks ridiculous and shallow. Bad backstory.

Users who are viewing this thread