Saike Mata Shite mo - Vol. 12 Ch. 110 - Last Action Hero (3)

Double-page supporter
So Johann was only clinging to the desperate belief that what we was doing was right. Once he lost that, he didn't have anything left.

To be frank, I think oracles would be a boon to humanity's progress and annihilating them entirely is almost a mistake in and of itself, but I see the argument being made here (similar to the X-Men argument?)

Also, I'm curious as to how this will progress if Saike really does give up his Oracle.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how much he repeated this day, more than 100 times I'm sure.

Another argument saike could've gone with is that in the same way you can "replace oracles with guns", you can replace oracles with nuclear nukes.

Dex-chan lover
You guys really think this psycho will give up his oracle so easily?

Double-page supporter
so this is basically not-so-op thanos vs subaru from re zero

Double-page supporter
You now realize he has had this conversation an innumerable amount of times but was cut short from the finish before this chapter from being knocked out/killed.

Dex-chan lover
@CursedLight Nope. All oracles we've seen so far are individual level.
@the9813 You'd think he learned to do stuff with his own perception over his thousands of rewinds, but nope: easier to die - repeat.

Dex-chan lover
@CursedLight Oracles affect single person surroundings. As opposed to nukes, that create massive and lasting consequences on the scale from city to the planet surface itself.

@CursedLight
No potato peeler for you, because those are basically the same as knives, which are basically the same as guns, which are basically the same as bombs, which are basically the same as nukes.
UK cop levels of galaxy brain right there...

MD@Home
What Johann is doing is not right, obviously, but Saike is, once again, ending up with the other extreme point of view.

Oracles, shmoracles... Would you give a tablet to a child, with an Internet connection? Let's not kid ourselves, the net filters you set on it will be of little use beyond easing your conscience. Technological advancement always brings new challenges for society to deal with. It was the same way with the Internet, computers, cars, trains, etc. Some wanted to ban all of them, but history proved that's not really going to work. We need to figure out how to live with them and use them wisely.

How are Oracles different? Because they're more dangerous? (The fire analogy.) Compared to what? I don't know about you, but I'm still more worried about the fact that the human race has the destructive arsenal to destroy itself many times over. Just like with technology, banning oracles is not the answer - it just causes the problem to fester.

@pip25
Just like banning nuclear bombs is not the answer ?
Your analogy would maybe work a bit better if you were talking about weapons, though it still completely ignores all the times in history where bans worked.
"history proved that's not really going to work" lol

You kind of answered your own question also :/
"How are Oracles different?"
"Because they're more dangerous?" → "Because they're dangerous enough".

In the same way, you can't buy a nuclear bomb at a shop because it's been deemed too dangerous. Or make one.

Users who are viewing this thread