Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
absolute cap no way they weren't fuckin for 30,000 years man like bro please you guys care about each other this much. How much more time would you need lmfao.

Dex-chan lover
someone's comment in the previous chapter made it seem like the scene would be very annoying, but so far it wasn't. at least the matches were cut short. if anything, i would gladly massage felice forever. *cough.. i mean, mc didn't seem to be that frustrated. so, i think this arc is not going to be annoying ..right? :worry:

Dex-chan lover
Big numbers in years have always been kind of... pointless in manga, but I feel this trend has become worse in recent years. Of course, they're fictional stories, so it's like, who cares lol, and the writing quality of this is mediocre in general, but I feel it seriously cheapens the story even further.

I might sound like an oldfag, buy my favorite applications of this are in older time travel stories, where the accumulation of years in experiences over time had profound effects on characters' development and the story's emotional depth., like in Madoka Magica where we see Homura's struggles and how she reached past the breaking point, or in Haruhi, with Nagato and the entire Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi storyline. (Of course, these are vastly different stories, but I mean in the sense of how they use the passage of time)

But nowadays, this device is often employed as a shallow justification for a character's overpowering abilities without meaningful character development.
I don't think you sound like an oldfag dw, if someone disagreed they might have not read enough manga with similar premises to see how apparent it is, no matter how many zeros you stick into a character's age and how strong they are, if they behave like a teenager then wtf have they been doing all those years?

Just like how we human develop our mentality over the year, I definitely don't have the same thought process as I was 10 years ago or 10 years into the future, the environment can affect the mind too, just the thought of living over 200 years with someone would've changed your perspective on life completely, it doesn't even have to be 1000 years or more.

Provided you're living with someone you love so you won't be as jaded about life, but man the more I read the more I can only see the MC in this manga as your typical japanese passive highschool student that's a little chuuni with his "I've lived longer than u, u don't know how powerful I am" every now and then.

Dex-chan lover
Also stop feeding the grammar troll that keeps correcting you.
noooo :meguuusad: it's fun to debate things where both sides are objectively correct! :glee:
Though yes, with him pretending he actually thought it ["noone"] was some korean "noona" and tried to correct that it should be spelled "onee-san" in english, the tone for the 'debate' was mutual trolling :p but that's fun too! (even if it took me being utterly confused for one reply before I caught up what kind of convo he was requesting)

No, it's "Literally" page 14. Not "figuratively" page 14. Not "right around" page 14,but literally, and exactly, the 14th page of the chapter is the page where they discuss that his serious efforts would earn him a victory. The use of "literally" in this context is to further emphasize the exact, precise nature of the citation, as opposed to a more vague, general discussion of some implicit tone they carry throughout a spread of pages.
Ah, makes sense. I am used to seeing people use "literally [some person/thing]: [some quote]" to mean that it was literally what was said by said person/thing. But the way you used it makes sense too once you explained, even if specifying that your source isn't figuratively defined seems a bit redundant :)
Yeah, I gave up when he tried telling me "nucular" is a word.
More specifically, one I would never use myself. But if I see some stranger use it I won't bother to 'correct' them, since I know what they mean, and enough ppl are using it that dictionaries has added it.

Dex-chan lover
So uh I've completely forgotten why everyone has a hard on for fucking over MC constantly. Surely it's not still the hating F-Ranks reason because this is just overkill at this point
Eh might just be the angel trying to make MC show his true power

Dex-chan lover
His [Root] wouldn't tell them much, all they would find is that he was summoned to a doomed and abandoned world.
He doesn't have a Root. When they're summoned by the goddesses, they get a Root. He was summoned by a Demon King, so he didn't. That's already suspicious. He's not a Hero summon, he's just some guy.
They can investigate her all they want and they won't find anything to contradict her being a pet or a familiar he created.
"Bad Lady: Huh, so wait. the cat's not your cheat ability?
Little god idiot: YEAH IT'S A TALKING CAT
Bad Lady: Talking ca-, familiars are supposed to help you, not sit around looking pretty. Something's off here. Snap dispel YOU'RE THAT DEMON KING LADY. EVERYONE, KILL THEM!"

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

I'm enjoying this series, but man... I'm getting that "every non-lead character is a turd" feeling again.

Can we borrow the lead of a revenge story to cull the herd a bit?
Our lord and savior Raoul can help us. He loves revenge

Dex-chan lover
I'll drop it here.
I get not wanting to flaunt your strengths, but constantly taking losses is pathetic when you're practically a demigod.

You want to tell me the MC cannot conceive any countermeasures that would also not show off his strengths? His mastery of magic means nothing??

Bullshit. The MC cannot be OP and weak at the same time. That's not how that works.

Dex-chan lover
See this only rly proves the thing from some chapters ago thay while yeah mr murder ppl to absorb powers was wrong he was right thay the fucking "heroes" from this place is like 70% asshats

He cant, he have no way to do so without going all out. But if he go all out he risk becoming the center of attention and his wife risk of being discovered. Af it happen she will most certainly be killed.
And killed by whom exactly? I mean that cat was supposed to be so freaking powerful that destroyed a crazy amout of worlds and the gods and the like didnt have a way to deal with her nor could send heroes there cause no chance they could win so they just sealed those world away, but he was trained by that OP girl and was able to beat her so he is for sure stronger than that, so yeah there should be not a single soul in that academy that could stand a chance not even ganging up on him so yeah just some lame excuse...

Dex-chan lover
And killed by whom exactly? I mean that cat was supposed to be so freaking powerful that destroyed a crazy amout of worlds and the gods and the like didnt have a way to deal with her nor could send heroes there cause no chance they could win so they just sealed those world away, but he was trained by that OP girl and was able to beat her so he is for sure stronger than that, so yeah there should be not a single soul in that academy that could stand a chance not even ganging up on him so yeah just some lame excuse...
You're missing the point here. She doesn't want to kill everyone. The whole idea here is that they live in peace now, not walk up and slaughter anything that stands in their way. The whole talk about who would win is academic.

Dex-chan lover
So what was the point of this again? To reiterate a fact that we already know.
meaning that the other goddesses hate Lala.

So what was the point of this again? To reiterate a fact that we already know.
meaning that the other goddesses hate Lala.

More like they want to know what main char's team really is after the last mission. Who cares about useless goddess like Lala.

See this only rly proves the thing from some chapters ago thay while yeah mr murder ppl to absorb powers was wrong he was right thay the fucking "heroes" from this place is like 70% asshats

The only purpose of all these heroes, even the main char is keep their hero's powers from being taken away by the school. Those heroes may be good people but after a taste of power, do they want to become normal powerless people again? Those heroes seem rather get killed in this school than let their powers taken away because they can get out of this school and become normal powerless people any time they want.

Not only those high rank heroes, the weak and failed heroes like Komari still don't want to quit this school until they die.

Users who are viewing this thread