Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki ~Geboku no Youkaidomo ni Kurabete Monster ga Yowaisugirundaga~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 30

Supporter
Oh, I forgot a major point.

There is also the explanation about the hero's strength.
The whole explanation basically means that a hero in general isn't a threat to peace: the hero's strength grows in proportion to the threat directed at him/her. If, as the princess says, "nobody wishes for war nowadays", then the hero's strength would be just a little above average. Nothing particularly dangerous on a worldwide scale.
The hero herself wasn't aware of her status, so it would have taken some of the very few people who knew her status to bring it up publicly for her to become a trigger for war or something like that. When everybody now considers them as statistical "rounding errors" in a war, so it wouldn't have a real impact. Right.

There are so many inconsistencies in this whole background that the story just breaks here.

It could have worked a little better with a corrupt lord who sided with demons, trying to offer the human hero as a sacrifice.
It could have worked with a background where the mere existence of the hero and demon lord were so unbalanced it threatened the world.
Instead, they are described as so negligible in modern times... that they are better off killed than left alone? This is so contradictory I'm just baffled by the sheer stupidity.
You forgot something, how the conflict with the previous hero and demon lord was. Their last conflict probably happened hundreds of years in the past (taking it from what Fiona said, on how archaic they all were). With so many years passing without a hero and a demon lord, there could be details that were forgotten or omitted on purpose, dont forget that those who have power dont want to give it away just because some ace in the sleeve kind of existence pops up to take leadership (like how it happened in the past).

Dex-chan lover
You forgot something, how the conflict with the previous hero and demon lord was. Their last conflict probably happened hundreds of years in the past (taking it from what Fiona said, on how archaic they all were). With so many years passing without a hero and a demon lord, there could be details that were forgotten or omitted on purpose, dont forget that those who have power dont want to give it away just because some ace in the sleeve kind of existence pops up to take leadership (like how it happened in the past).
We lack details on this.

The story was about the first hero, but there could have been several others in history. Same for the demon lord.
If so, people might have identified a pattern. Possibly not a correct one, but still it would be something.
If not, then they just decided to stereotype heroes with a sample of one. From a long time ago. Which would be insane.

Like here. The current hero has no intention to take power or even wage war.
Instead, it just looks like a case of projection: people currently in power assume that the hero would seize authority because that's what they'd do in her place.

And this is all also true for the demon lord.

Aggregator gang
Kinda funny how they want to kill the hero for existing, while also acknowledging that they can't really do much of anything without being trained / having their "heroic" experiences. Seems like if both sides wish for peace the least shitty way to do it would just be to coddle the hero + demon lord instead (or at least keep them from military institutions), so they stay weak but at least they get to stay alive.
that is explained in the chapter, dude. the hero isn't notable/dangerous because they're strong. The hero is notable/dangerous because the existence of a hero is bound to cause unrest from both sides.

Dex-chan lover
that is explained in the chapter, dude. the hero isn't notable/dangerous because they're strong. The hero is notable/dangerous because the existence of a hero is bound to cause unrest from both sides.
Unrest that is only justified if you threaten the hero into becoming OP. Like, say, attempting to assassinate them repeatedly.
Otherwise, you can literally prop up anyone as "the hero" with the same result. Heck, that's basically what they tried with Mabel (though not to start a war). There is no divine revelation publicly announcing the coming of the hero, much less their identity. Most people don't know about Amiyu's status as a hero... not even herself.
The only thing that allows identifying the hero - and demon lord - is an appraisal skill, which is apparently pretty rare overall.
So killing the hero serves absolutely no purpose and is likely to be counterproductive.

Seems like if both sides wish for peace the least shitty way to do it would just be to coddle the hero + demon lord instead
Note that the fact that the hero is defined by "explosive growth when encountering difficult situations" is not a rule that also applies to the demon lord. At least, that's not what the princess said. As evidence, this current demon lord was literally born overpowered. (You might argue that's because of his previous life, but he wasn't a demon lord then... nor a hero. He comes from a different world where the hero/demon lord rules don't exist as far as we know.)

So coddling the demon lord wouldn't reduce the threat of his existence, contrary to the hero.

Aggregator gang
Huh, I knew she wasn't exactly good, but I honestly didn't expect the princess to be working with/for the demons, huh

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I knew she wasn't exactly good, but I honestly didn't expect the princess to be working with/for the demons, huh
I think that's more a case of humans and demons working together than one working for the other.
When she said that "nobody wishes for war nowadays", I read that as a personal wish from her and some like-minded people on both sides.
In general, it is likely that war continues without the hero and demon king.

Aggregator gang
I think that's more a case of humans and demons working together than one working for the other.
When she said that "nobody wishes for war nowadays", I read that as a personal wish from her and some like-minded people on both sides.
In general, it is likely that war continues without the hero and demon king.
It doesn't look like "humans and demons" it looks like only her and no one else knows, Either way, she betrayed mc and humanity in general (assuming that thing is a demon and not something akin to a summon) but I assume Mc wouldn't kill her if she is actually working with demons, sadly

Group Leader
If only they had a mind-altering magic—memory-altering magic to be precise.

Dex-chan lover
really can’t blame mc for not trusting a girl who’s powers literally let her manipulate every situation for her own advantage And who even set up this entire thing months in advance. Plus he was betrayed in his past life. Plus she seemingly has a demon guarding her (I’m sure mc noticed) and her father has crazy demon eyes.

I still don’t trust her either. Sure she seems nice but this could also be prep work for her next plan
Her dad has Rinnegan?

really can’t blame mc for not trusting a girl who’s powers literally let her manipulate every situation for her own advantage And who even set up this entire thing months in advance. Plus he was betrayed in his past life. Plus she seemingly has a demon guarding her (I’m sure mc noticed) and her father has crazy demon eyes.

I still don’t trust her either. Sure she seems nice but this could also be prep work for her next plan
I agree with you that girl acting nice is the common strategy of succubus.

Users who are viewing this thread