Samurai in Another World - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

Lan

Dex-chan lover
Alright let’s take bets. They talked about King Arthur who supposedly died in 537 AD. Ginko participated in the battle of Sekigahara in 1600 and should have been Isekaid in 1604. King Arthur is the one from earth? More isekais from earth which is why they have the notion of it?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah Arthur probably also Isekaied man but Ginko doesn't have knowledge about it since she is not coming from modern Japan so I doubt Japanese know about King Arthur at that time

Dex-chan lover
not so much mtl in this context I think, as phonetic pronunciation of a Japanese person trying to say "heal" in English or equivalent.
make sense, i have read to much mtl it's seems, it's influencing me badly

Dex-chan lover
was the "she meant the humans btw" note on page 8 a funney jork by the TL, or in the original script?

and on page 5, what's that "should've" doing isolated in its own box? Even if that's how a sentence is constructed in Japanese, a proper translation ought to adapt better. "...or at least, he should have" is a bit wordy to fit in that small box, but at least it's proper English.

I only bring these items up because this translation is usually pretty high quality, so I hope you can continue to improve and carry on your good work! Thanks for the chapter.

Group Leader
was the "she meant the humans btw" note on page 8 a funney jork by the TL, or in the original script?

and on page 5, what's that "should've" doing isolated in its own box? Even if that's how a sentence is constructed in Japanese, a proper translation ought to adapt better. "...or at least, he should have" is a bit wordy to fit in that small box, but at least it's proper English.

I only bring these items up because this translation is usually pretty high quality, so I hope you can continue to improve and carry on your good work! Thanks for the chapter.
"was the "she meant the humans btw" note on page 8 a funney jork by the TL, or in the original script?"

Yes, it was hard to get the exact meaning out on this one, but what Ginko is essentially saying is that she wouldn't keep war slaves, she would've just kill all the defeated as a form of respect and honor

"and on page 5, what's that "should've" doing isolated in its own box? Even if that's how a sentence is constructed in Japanese, a proper translation ought to adapt better. "...or at least, he should have" is a bit wordy to fit in that small box, but at least it's proper English."

Thanks, was looking for an alternative on that

Fed-Kun's army
Likely reading way too much into this, but what if Arthur's "They are the real heroes" didn't refere to the other heroes/people protecting people, but to the demons who essentially united and motivated humans by being their common enemy, contrary to how humans kill each other in Ginko's world. Which maybe Arthur was also isekai'd from, so he'd know what the alternative looks like.

Dex-chan lover
Likely reading way too much into this, but what if Arthur's "They are the real heroes" didn't refere to the other heroes/people protecting people, but to the demons who essentially united and motivated humans by being their common enemy, contrary to how humans kill each other in Ginko's world. Which maybe Arthur was also isekai'd from, so he'd know what the alternative looks like.

Idk if it's this but the version of events we're getting is definitely fishy, especially the way the nun was all "Yep, happily ever after" so abruptly. There's more to the story that's missing.

Users who are viewing this thread