Sayounara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei - Ch. 90

Supporter
Uhhhhhh, I don't think 'threw under the bus' idiom would work on a world where there's no bus... And even the literal MTL via Lens would rather displayed it as 'trapped me'.
Sometimes translators use the idioms for convenience or they forget about the manga’s setting… or both.

Group Leader
Sometimes translators use the idioms for convenience or they forget about the manga’s setting… or both.

This was one of the main problems for translation vs localization. For most of the time, localization is fine, but take it too far without minding the original contexts (since JP is a high context language) and you ended up with jelly-filled donuts or LIDL in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
This scanlation group is always a mess. MTL, bad QA, sniping series, etc. They used to go by ManhwaFreak and they recently deleted everything and go by Utoon now.

Dex-chan lover
Uhhhhhh, I don't think 'threw under the bus' idiom would work on a world where there's no bus... And even the literal MTL via Lens would rather displayed it as 'trapped me'.

cGc

"Under the horse-drawn omnibus."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread