School Back - Vol. 3 Ch. 10 - For No Reason

Dex-chan lover
Seeing Fushimi is stronger than 4 bottles of antidepressants, my day is better for her being there, thanks for the TL.

Also I can understand being spooked badly by stuff that hasn’t happened yet. Hope she gets better

Dex-chan lover
Thanks!

Wonder if something like this will ever get a live action
SHE NEEDS THERAPY.
Also, I seriously thought it would continue the story of the couple from ch. 9. There was a lot of stuff that was left unresolved.

Truck-kun is a valid fear lol (although therapy i'm surprised more ppl don't go through high school while medicated)

Well, there is a psych tag. but other than a 'school counselor/nurse' type giving advice, i rarely see actual therapists mentioned, there is a whole Shrink manga but he focuses more on adults i believe

Dex-chan lover
Poor girl's plagued by all these intrusive thoughts, that's horrible. I remember when I was younger I used to be a little bit like that as well, especially with cars.

And even now I never go through a crosswalk if the car that's coming hasn't completely stopped.

Since I got my license I've gotten more used to driving a car but I remember that even a few months after I started I would get home and nap or rest afterwards from how exhausted I was and how scary it felt to drive a car.

Kind of annoying we just dropped the couple from the last chapter, but on the other hand, doing a follow up would be more of the girl stonewalling the poor guy for no reason, and the guy trying to help more. And a quick resolution would be ridiculous. I hope we come back to them though.

Dex-chan lover
Yo, this girl is an extreme doomer. I don't know if it's paranoia, extreme pessimism or pantophobia...but she reached a level where she needs professional help.
I know it the usual "for the sake of plot", but her parents are weird af for not taking her to a good psychiatrist. Just saying "you won't cut yourself if you're careful" or "bring the cutlery to the table, but don't do it slowly since it's not dangerous at all" is not good and enough at all....like AT ALL. She's literally scared of bringing cutlery to the table....if you don't seek help for your daughter after that, I can't think of when you will.....

Dex-chan lover
Yo, this girl is an extreme doomer. I don't know if it's paranoia, extreme pessimism or pantophobia...but she reached a level where she needs professional help.
I know it the usual "for the sake of plot", but her parents are weird af for not taking her to a good psychiatrist. Just saying "you won't cut yourself if you're careful" or "bring the cutlery to the table, but don't do it slowly since it's not dangerous at all" is not good and enough at all....like AT ALL. She's literally scared of bringing cutlery to the table....if you don't seek help for your daughter after that, I can't think of when you will.....
She has extreme anxiety coupled with probably being too online and such. You watch the news, you're addicted to social media and all of that and all it does is reinforce the idea that everything is shit already and going even more to hell and everything is going to kill you or cause you harm and give you terminal multiversal ass cancer. She basically needs to just disconnect. Get rid of her smart phone, don't watch TV, etc. at least for a while while having someone good, even someone like Fushimi, to talk about things with.

Also therapy isn't as much of a thing in Japan but from what I've seen it's like everywhere else where they'd probably just put her on pills and turn her into an SSRI zombie because hey, she can't be crushed by her anxiety if she's so doped up that she can't really feel anything in the first place.

She has extreme anxiety coupled with probably being too online and such. You watch the news, you're addicted to social media and all of that and all it does is reinforce the idea that everything is shit already and going even more to hell and everything is going to kill you or cause you harm and give you terminal multiversal ass cancer. She basically needs to just disconnect. Get rid of her smart phone, don't watch TV, etc. at least for a while while having someone good, even someone like Fushimi, to talk about things with.

Also therapy isn't as much of a thing in Japan but from what I've seen it's like everywhere else where they'd probably just put her on pills and turn her into an SSRI zombie because hey, she can't be crushed by her anxiety if she's so doped up that she can't really feel anything in the first place.
This isn't mere "extreme anxiety", it's clearly OCD. She's even got her anxiety management ritual: Do things slowly. Talking about the issue won't fix it either. She needs to gain a sense of control over her life by doing something other than cowering and shambling around slowly or she's never going to improve.

Double-page supporter
Stay away from people like her, annoying, she's beyond any help if she cant even think something positive

Double-page supporter
Very relatable chapter, this was me from age 16-21 basically. Perpetually afraid I would just die inexplicably one day.

Users who are viewing this thread