Seasons of Blossom - Vol. 2 Ch. 36 - Ep2. Hamin's Flower (6)

Thank you so much for the chapter!! Also really liked reading the staff notes. But I just wanted to say that the KSAT (the mandatory university “entrance exam”) that was referred to, isn’t a once-in-a-lifetime test. It only happens once a year, so if you do poorly and don’t get into a college/university, you basically have to wait a whole year to try again.

the notes at the end are quite insightful, so thank you for adding them even if they're long!! i really do love hamin and somang - they're such good kids. it really hurts my heart to think of how much hamin is going through. correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe korean students can only apply to three universities...? (i'm a bit unsure about thisactually, so take it with a grain of salt) while in other countries like america you can apply to however as many you want. a small correction tho, you do get to take the test once a year.

the pressure korean students face is so insane. if you don't get into a good university, you won't be able to get a really good job. on that tangent, the kdrama sky castle is a satire portraying rich parents desperate to get their children into the best schools. might be an interesting watch to check out :O

Fed-Kun's army
im hoping for some support and love for jaemin from our squad and that he learns its ok to reach out to them

I think the relationship of Hamin and Somang is another version of how Bomi's and Jinyoung's relationship was. I totally agree with how Jinyoung and Bomi had people to rely on and how Bomi was able to be free from her mom (Like being able to eat fast food and not go to the private school her mom wanted her to go to etc..). Not only that but how Jinyoung actually helped Bomi be herself since she always put up this nice act in front of others. Hamin wasn't so fortunate as he was surrounded by people who didn't care about him so he never really was able to fight it since he felt as if he never got any allies compared to Bomi. And how Somang let him be able to breath a little and not feel pressured by everyone around him. Though I think Jaemin helped out it as more difficult as he was still young and only saw his brother happy for the most part. Definitely love both relationships and how they compare to each other!! <3

Thank you for tl-ing this! Bomi's live is like hamin but she has temper (the one that she destroyed), and she has sunhee, also now jinyoung that she can trust. Hamin didn't have anyone to trust. I somehow think that his parents knew he went to art atelier to the point that he couldn't talk to somang, then jaemin wasn't there when he needed him (the one that he play with sunhee) and broke later. (Just my premise)
I really, really want to hug hamin. I want to take him away. Sadly this is reality, this is what happens there and now. I hope hamin can finally breathe up there.

thank you so much spring palette for the mass chapter release!! ahh,,, it's just really so sad seeing this story unfold and knowing how in present day, there are so much regrets and guilt still left behind :<<

I cried reding the comment added by the translation team like yeah, I felt so bad for hamin and jaemin. They deserved better, I wish Hamin can come back :((

i agree 100% with the pressures put on teenagers and students in general, it truly sucks that this is the culture (correct me if im wrong) in many of these countries.

the more i read it, the more i feel depressed coz that Hamin will soon gone :< I really wish he can be happy too

Read the notes at the end and I honestly agree with yall. Its sad. Really sad. And hard. But im praying for the best for us all tbh. & thank you.

Double-page supporter
tried not getting too invested in hamin and somang knowing the ending but its too hard:(

Its so sad to knowing that is so many pressure korean student face just bcs they dont get in to a good univ... They deserve better 😢

Users who are viewing this thread