Seeing past top ten “Popular” titles.

Dex-chan lover
Is there a way to see past titles that were including in the “Popular” section on the front page? I’ve heard it called the “Popular New Titles” or “Popular Weekly Titles” in other threads, but I can only see the current top 10. If there isn’t a way, could this be implemented in the future?

Power Uploader
Is there a way to see past titles that were including in the “Popular” section on the front page? I’ve heard it called the “Popular New Titles” or “Popular Weekly Titles” in other threads, but I can only see the current top 10.
There isn't one on the site itself, but you can use Internet Archive to look for titles that were previously included in the MangaDex Popular Top 10.

If there isn’t a way, could this be implemented in the future?
I'd be interested in seeing this implemented as well :0
Not sure if it's already planned...
You should post the suggestion on Mainsite Suggestions.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
I can't see it being feasible unless you store somewhere what titles ended up there at every given moment, unless you put it as a field for the title itself but that sounds like it'd be even more complicated..

The Popular New Titles section basically makes a list of all titles created in the last 30 days then sorts it by amount of follows and returns the top 10.

I can only really see one potential way that you could go about it without some kind of snapshot being stored, but it comes with two caveats, first, since it basically uses the same method of grabbing titles created within n Days ago would mean that eventually the query would hit the 10k result limit, meaning you can't go further back, and then second, the follow count, since we can't look in the past to what it's supposed to be means that the order might be completely off as one title got more popular at a later date or another slowed down.. and just that means that the entire thing would be pointless..

Basically, what i was imagining was to extend the cutoff to the point you wanted to see and then iterate through the result until you see a title that is within the cutoff-30 day window and then grab the next 10 titles, but again, it wouldn't even be accurate

But yes, if something like archive.org that Atifus mentioned worked (seems to be just a black/white screen after some time starting in februrary from what i can tell on my end) then it'd definitely be your best bet i reckon

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I don’t particularly care if it’s accurate. I kind of just want to see the popular manga for a certain time period. However, if it takes up too many resources, why divide this search into weeks that users can select from a calendar. When selected, the week will show the top 10 from each category for each day, for a total of 70 total titles. The way that the top 10 will be selected is that a “screenshot” of the top ten Popular New Titles for that day will be taken at 12pm UTC or whatever other time is best, and recorded for that day. That way, there wouldn’t reach the 10k result limit.

Users who are viewing this thread