Seikatsu Mahoutsukai no Gekokujou - Ch. 1.1

Fed-Kun's army
Not a bad start I actually found myself pleasantly surprised by this one

Dex-chan lover
Surprisingly orderly. I'm hoping they'll keep up with at least this level of quality. Still some noticeable slippage, but relatively minor. No big deal, but these stood out for me.

Page 17 - big empty bubble with nothing but TBC in it. What's that about?
Page 19 - when Amane is describing the caste system imposed on different magics in the school, "Offensive Magic up, Life Magic down." From the context, I'm guessing the point she was trying to make was "Offensive Magic is held in higher esteem, while Life Magic is held in lower regard"? The bubble still had plenty of space to accomodate that, but the existing is more vague without taking the rest of the discussion into consideration.
Page 21 - the Headmaster and the knife; should it not be more like "You want to repair/restore this?" instead of "you want to make this work again?" The knife isn't exactly a machine with moving parts.

Dex-chan lover
why do they like to create a garbage skilled mc? can't they just create a standar ordinary people?

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming life magic is things like making clean water to drink, or cleaning yourself, or the areas around, or sterilization, many thing like that - and assuming there's any camping involved and a fair amount of down time between fights, you're probably going to be using life magic more than attack magic even while adventuring, so the idea of anyone questioning its usefulness is stupid.

Also, why wouldn't you, as a teacher, SEVERLY punish the two student placing another student in a dangerous situation and impersonating a teacher?

Dex-chan lover
The artist is the same person who created Sakurasaku Shoukougun. Glad to see they are still doing other things.

Yeah, it's not translated that well. I mean they translated Life Magic as Survival Magic, which defeats the purpose of the title "Rise of the Life Wizard".

Pretty much everyone looks different than I expected so far. I really wonder what Emilian, Stacey and Johnson will look like.

It does look promising. But why is his life magic at level 0?
The translator didn't translate it properly.

It should be something like:

[Name] Sakaki Grimm
[D particle amount] D I

[Life Magic] Rank S / Magic Level 1
[Grant Magic] Rank F / Magic Level 0
[Enhancement?? Magic] Rank E / Magic Level 0
[Attack Magic] Rank F / Magic Level 0
[Healing?? Magic] Rank F / Magic Level 0
[Analysis Magic] Rank E / Magic Level 1

Not sure on the name of two of them off hand. If I remember correctly their uses are:

Life Magic - Manipulate D Particles. Pretty much all 'current' magics are related to quality of life improvements or day to day actions such as Clean and Repair. Hence the name life magic. Even most/all magics that are found in the dungeon by our MC will be of this type.
Grant Magic - Attach magic to items. Can make items the perform magic. This is not as impressive as it sounds.
Enhancement (?) Magic - Buff yourself and your weapon to attack. Typically good at close combat and bad at ranged.
Attack Magic - Pew pew magic. Ranged attacks and typically bad at close combat.
Healing (?) Magic - Magic that manipulates the bodies of others if I remember correctly? Can set bones, close wounds and such. Not the typical fancy fantasy magic. Medical knowledge is required to properly use.
Analysis Magic - Allows one to inspect things. Reading of D Particles essentially. Useful in combination with Healing (?) Magic and can identify items and find out their uses. There are also identification items too, but they are not as detailed as Analysis Magic.

Rank F can only go to up Level 1 while Rank E is up to Level 5. Magic level doesn't matter for anything other than the prerequisite to learn a magic.

From what I'm translating in the WN, which is Life Wizard's Uprisal, those should be Life Magic(Quality of Life spells), Grant or Bestowal Magic(Can enchant weapons and such, mostly used for magic tools and such), Muscle Magic(Not exactly right, but the type has to do with applying buffs to themselves and their weapons, so maybe Enhancement works here?), Attack Magic(Self explanatory), Lifeblood Magic(Basically what holy magic usually does, healing/diagnosing/etc), and Analysis Magic(Basically information magic, for calculating and identification purposes).

Users who are viewing this thread