Seitokai ni mo Ana wa Aru! - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - Look out for the Bees!

Dex-chan lover
Tan really gets the worst of things, doesn't he?
  • Busted balls in his intro
  • Repeated mixture of physical injuries from numerous violent sources
  • Had a mint shoved up his butt that burned him
  • Was lynched when he jumped out of a window
  • Had his already busted balls stung by an entire colony of wasps all at once

Poor guy.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why the chapter name uses "bees"...
tenor.gif

Supporter
Funny how wasps are such cursed beings, most of the time they're invasive and harmful for the ecosystem

Dex-chan lover
Look at Janome at the last page, shes using her innocent girl appearance to trick another victim and feed her pet snek.

Group Leader
If those are suzumebachi, Tan and what'serface are so far beyond idiotic I don't know if there's even a word for it. Pissing off a hive of them is actually a pretty good way to unalive yourself.
Fortunately by their appearance it's clear that these aren't suzumebachi. They don't build hanging paper nests anyways, but rather nest in holes in the ground.

Group Leader
Funny how wasps are such cursed beings, most of the time they're invasive and harmful for the ecosystem
There are obviously some invasive species, but it's not at all true that most of them are bad for the ecosystems they live in. There are quite literally tens of thousands of species, and many of them play vital roles as pollinators and predators (including controlling the populations of many insects that would otherwise wholesale devour the crops we rely on).

Group Leader
Regarding this chapter
So is it bees or wasps???
Japanese doesn't have separate words for the two groups, instead using 蜂 (hachi) for all manner of bees, hornets and wasps. This is actually a little bit closer to reality, as wasps and bees are actually not separate groups, taxonomically speaking. (Although ants are also deeply interrelated with them, and Japanese does group them in their own semantic category).

Supporter
Fortunately by their appearance it's clear that these aren't suzumebachi. They don't build hanging paper nests anyways, but rather nest in holes in the ground.
Thank you for the reassurance that Tan wasn't about to get them all killed, I didn't know since I got the mistaken impression that the larger nest found here in Washington was in a tree. (It was found at the base of a dead alder tree, but as you say they dig in rather than hanging a paper nest.)

While looking up those events, I found a news video talking about it, where they used some stock footage of the area in order to be a bit dramatic... by showing a police car driving down the road. 😂

I've heard the pain of a suzumebachi sting compared to a bullet, and I know US cops tend to default to their guns to solve problems, but the mental image of a cop trying to shoot them was darkly funny.

Users who are viewing this thread