Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi - Ch. 216

Dex-chan lover
turn around the roles, if you are ok with one but not the other...

aRebI9Y.png
you fail to recognize that this site (along with perhaps 99.9% of manga sites) are full of sick perverts that really wouldn't care. IN FACT, they would encourage it.

So no, this morality stance does not apply in here. Very few of us realize how dumb and creepy this sideplot is. Vast majority of people will think it's perfectly fine.

To prove my point. Illustrous and morally upstanding user called lolifreak
Oh no, 2 manga characters interact with each other. Pedophilia, grooming, age gap!!!
Just fuck off and let us enjoy. This isn't for you with your probably American values.
So to him, not being attracted to minors is just an American value. As if the rest of the planet doesn't cringe at the idea of grooming. My guy read a comment, clicked reply, typed around two sentences containing the most vile and disgusting rhetoric, re-read that shit and said "yeah this makes sense and i'm not a fucking creep".

you fail to recognize that this site (along with perhaps 99.9% of manga sites) are full of sick perverts that really wouldn't care. IN FACT, they would encourage it.

So no, this morality stance does not apply in here. Very few of us realize how dumb and creepy this sideplot is. Vast majority of people will think it's perfectly fine.

So to him, not being attracted to minors is just an American value. As if the rest of the planet doesn't cringe at the idea of grooming. My guy read a comment, clicked reply, typed around two sentences containing the most vile and disgusting rhetoric, re-read that shit and said "yeah this makes sense and i'm not a fucking creep".

I still stand behind what I've said.
Japanese author makes something for Japanese market. It sells well, nobody complains.
Western audience finds Japanese product and they see nothing but problematic content.
If you don't like it, don't consume it.

To prove my point. Illustrous and morally upstanding user called lolifreak So to him, not being attracted to minors is just an American value. As if the rest of the planet doesn't cringe at the idea of grooming. My guy read a comment, clicked reply, typed around two sentences containing the most vile and disgusting rhetoric, re-read that shit and said "yeah this makes sense and i'm not a fucking creep".

:meguuusad: :qq::angery: Cry more

Last edited:
I stg if this ship ends up sailing I will drop this series in a heartbeat. If Natsumi is a lesbian and Yuuto just has a one sided crush as young boys tend to do, then it’s fine. Idgaf what you freaks say, onee x shota shit is weird

Dex-chan lover
I still stand behind what I've said.
wrong. It's selling well towards a niche group of freaks just like you; just because it "sells well" towards a niche doesn't make it ok. Even in Japan, you'd be given the stanky eye for liking this shit.

But you know that already, and you're cool with it. So it's w/e

Dex-chan lover
wrong. It's selling well towards a niche group of freaks just like you
Firstly, that doesn't contradict what he said. The anime/manga industry often panders to otaku consistently because they're profitable whales, so those things are kind of niche even in Japan.

Secondly, I don't think Natsumi and Yuuto's relationship as actually expressed thus far has been especially objectionable-- though I can understand that you might find it to be that way if you live in some socially schizophrenic hellzone. There's been no kissing, no hugging-- not even any handholding, for that matter. She got drunk next to him and nodded off, which is inappropriate, but also an expression of vulnerability on her part.

The general trend of their vignettes has been that they enjoy spending time with each other, and Natsumi's kind of impressed by how hard Yuuto tries to be cool and/or mature with her. If anything romantic did come of this, it seriously feels like it'd only happen once he graduated high school/became of age.

But then, their relationship isn't merely about that. Natsumi, despite being 27 years old, senses herself in some liminal space in regards to her maturity because of her lasting romantic attachment to Futaba, even as the latter is now striving for love. It appears that she could at least be satisfied with their friendship as long as they never changed and Futaba continued to rely on her, but then Futaba started to actively change and become more independent (it's worth noting that she's always been ribbing Futaba to make headway in her relationship with Takeda, but this internal drama of hers started around the time Futaba started getting serious about wooing Takeda), with Natsumi being "left behind" as it were-- she doesn't feel like she grew up as well. Additionally, she never had to explicitly think about sacrificing her own feelings to make Futaba happy (what she felt or still feels is only that her feelings will be unrequited), but now she has to and doesn't know how. Meanwhile, Yuuto acting out his pure and earnest good intentions provides her with a demonstration of how to move forward on that front... and maybe she thinks he's a little cool... and maybe she's feeling a bit unworthy (ironically) considering how she feels about herself. She probably just gravitates to "little engine that could"-types, romantically or not.

Maybe there's a lot of intended depth in these vignettes beyond basic continuity in narrative and character. Maybe there isn't, and I'm eisegeting a little (only a little, though-- if I felt like it, I could probably parenthetically support every single thing I said).

Either way, the weird one is you: you're not responding to the manga, and it's unclear if you've even read it. Your comments have all the value of a barking chihuahua. It may have been fitting for you to gripe like this with a manga depicting this kind of setup in an entirely prurient manner, but then you'd be telling on yourself by being there at all (and you still are, here, just not as flagrantly given what the manga is).

You're responding to a superficial feature of this particular relationship and the reaction that some have to it, and you call all of that the manga. And you're just annoying, too: you don't know what "grooming" is, and like most other American nerds, you're obsessed with posturing in the rat nest-- except, I don't think weebs used to try to posture about being "not freaks" until after the aughts.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Firstly, that doesn't contradict what he said. The anime/manga industry often panders to otaku consistently because they're profitable whales, so those things are kind of niche even in Japan.

<>
Whatever you need to tell yourself to cope with the fact that this sideplot is objectively creepy and believe otherwise.

Eighty-six, thank you for your comment.
nhernandez90 there is nothing creepy about underage people having a crush on older men/women or older people interacting with underage people.
I really think american values are fucked up. Not saying western because that would include me (Europe). Thank you America for making the whole western world look like absolute dicks.

(slightly drunk when typing this sorry)

nhernandez90 there is nothing creepy about underage people having a crush on older men/women or older people interacting with underage people.
I really think american values are fucked up. Not saying western because that would include me (Europe). Thank you America for making the whole western world look like absolute dicks.
You see, the problem with Americans is they have legalized and normalized a lot of perversions so far.

But they need an object to seethe about while feeling morally superior and they are happily doing that about a 17 year old boy having a crush on a lady who is in her 20-ies. This is so laughably ridiculous.

Dudes, calm down. Your fears are empty. Natsumi-san demonstrates no sexual interest in him whatsoever, and by the time she develops that interest he will be 18 already.

You all are worrying about nothing, and your moral crusade is ridiculous.

Fed-Kun's army
You see, the problem with Americans is they have legalized and normalized a lot of perversions so far.

But they need an object to seethe about while feeling morally superior and they are happily doing that about a 17 year old boy having a crush on a lady who is in her 20-ies. This is so laughably ridiculous.

Dudes, calm down. Your fears are empty. Natsumi-san demonstrates no sexual interest in him whatsoever, and by the time she develops that interest he will be 18 already.

You all are worrying about nothing, and your moral crusade is ridiculous.
Yeah I've seen the author trying to do the unrequited thing with Natsumi and Igarashi from a while back, but I can see what she has for Yuuto is also making her feel conflicted and she's trying her best to restrain herself. It's been shown in previous chapters that if she's not interested in dating someone she's not afraid of rejecting them outright. In her interactions with Yuuto I see her considering 3 major things:

1. He's still a minor
2. She's still in a sort of mourning period because Igarashi is finally actualizing her desires for Takeda-senpai and doesn't want to use Yuuto as a rebound guy
3. She's insecure about her own emotional immaturity over still having trouble letting go of Igarashi, and thinks Yuuto will "outgrow" her when he becomes an adult and gets his feelings in order, hence all the times she says he's "more mature" than she is

My prediction is Natsumi will softly reject Yuuto, but give him an Usagi Drop clause where she'll tell him to graduate high school + college and enter the workforce as an adult, then if he still loves her, she'll answer his feelings completely. Right now I think the only thing that wouldn't make them get together is if Yuuto (or Natsumi) falls in love with someone else, and judging from what he said to her in the chapter where she got super drunk and fell asleep on his lap, that's very unlikely to happen, at least on his side, but honestly I can't tell what the author will eventually try to pull.

----------

As a tangent though, I'm getting tired of this type of development in romance stories. Whenever I see a female character introduced to the plot with a "cool" type personality who's not interested in dating it's very likely they'll eventually be written into an unrequited queer love triangle, and the sub-plot will add almost nothing to the overall story. Off the top of my head there's Gundou from Tomo-Chan, Chartreux from Boarding School Juliet, that best friend character from My First Girlfriend's a Gyaru, Mizuha from To Your Eternity, the brocon shorty from HoriMiya, the umbrella girl from Shikimori's Not Just Cute, Ikuno from Darling in the Franxx, there's probably more from stuff I don't know about. Kuudere women getting dunked on for wanting the yuris is becoming the go-to filler plot for romance writers.

Relevant meme:
CMVkRNph.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
My prediction is Natsumi will softly reject Yuuto, but give him an Usagi Drop clause where she'll tell him to graduate high school + college and enter the workforce as an adult, then if he still loves her, she'll answer his feelings completely.
I still need to properly read Usagi Drop. My current feeling is that nearly everyone that spazzes out about the manga's developments is annoying and meme-addicted, so it's probably not terrible.

Relevant meme:
CMVkRNph.png
Either your vendetta is active enough that you revamped this meme, or this is an "actual problem"* western anime/manga fans** have. That said, you might have accidentally conflated your "cool"s-- Natsumi's a cool girl, but she's not クール, y'know? Maybe I'm just biased because she wears yellow-- maybe I'm colorist...

*Any literary device can be good if it's executed well, but I wasn't wild about this development because I pegged this manga as a collection of vignettes about uncomplicated (if not straightforward) romances. It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but I was also anxious about this development because the same people that were adamant on Natsumi having an unrequited crush on Futaba were also insisting that she was trying to use Yuuto as a replacement-- and they wouldn't even react to that idea, as if that's not pretty disgusting in at least real life.
**I'm not trying to be derogatory this time-- I just don't know if anime/manga fans in other contexts are of the same mind because I don't frequent such online forums.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread