Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi - Ch. 227

Dex-chan lover
What tf did he do? She confessed and literally ran away....hahahahahha
Basically this is one of those moments where if he had one his wingman would tell him “what are you doing run after her!” In most mangas. Sadly he had no wingman on hand at the time and actually listened to her (the opposite of what you do in this scenario).

Group Leader
"read minds"? What wasn't clear? "I LIKE YOU" oh, I wish I could read minds to know what she meant! cmon.
She RAN AWAY DIRECTLY AFTER. I meant he didn't know that his existing and being nice to her would trigger this "I gotta tell you my feelings you didn't know about but because you aren't going to IMMEDIATELY respond after hearing them I am going to be upset and run away before you can even process what happened!"

In what universe is that behavior not totally on her? I am not faulting her for being afraid of the answer and emotional, I'm faulting ANYONE pinning the blame on him.

Group Leader
Basically this is one of those moments where if he had one his wingman would tell him “what are you doing run after her!” In most mangas. Sadly he had no wingman on hand at the time and actually listened to her (the opposite of what you do in this scenario).
Yeah, clearly fuck his needing to process what happened. It's not like she's had possibly years to fully flesh out these feelings, he needs to conceptualize and solidify his feelings INSTANTLY so he can go chase her down. You people act like you could dodge a bullet because "you can totally see the guy pull out a gun so why would anyone ever get hit?". Dumb as hell.

Flip the genders. If a dude confessed to a girl who had been nice to him in a work environment and then ran away you'd be calling him an incel, and frankly you'd be right.

Dex-chan lover
She actually wasn't crying because of rejection or anything, they ended up acting out the Banana and Hamster and she was severely hurt.

It might have been cut out but you just have to read between the lines, no doubt this is what happened.

Group Leader
She actually wasn't crying because of rejection or anything, they ended up acting out the Banana and Hamster and she was severely hurt.

It might have been cut out but you just have to read between the lines, no doubt this is what happened.
Jokes aside, I get why she was crying. It makes total sense, her emotions finally boiled over and she was stress crying. That isn't her fault, his fault, or anyone else's fault. It CAN be a faultless thing.

Power Uploader
Jokes aside, I get why she was crying. It makes total sense, her emotions finally boiled over and she was stress crying. That isn't her fault, his fault, or anyone else's fault. It CAN be a faultless thing.
Holy shit so you don't actually understand why she was crying lol. She was crying because his response to her question, along with his unemotional behaviour, made it clear (to her) that her feelings were not reciprocated. Therefore she already knew the answer to her confession and preferred to run away rather than hearing it out loud.
The fact that I have to explain such a scene is really concerning.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah once again completely on her, set him up to fail and blame it on him.

Dex-chan lover
She confessed AFTER throwing hints and signs at him like ACME Anvils out of the clear blue sky. For more than a week. You could practically hear them going "CLANG!" at the end of every chapter.

There are hard limits to how clueless a guy can be and remain faultless at the same time.
Yeah, once again is on her. You finally come to the realization you need to be direct, are direct and then run away and blame the tears on him? So dumb. Imo this was terrible writing for Igarashi, a diservice really

Dex-chan lover
honestly i don't think he likes her in that way but i also am the least qualified when it comes to reading people

Dex-chan lover
it's been implied symbolically that she's already past her unrequinted love and is just focusing on being a good friend.
This. She's moved on but that doesn't mean she can't be peeved off at the guy who got her crush's attention.:LOL:

Fed-Kun's army
it's been implied symbolically that she's already past her unrequinted love and is just focusing on being a good friend.
Shiromanta even stated that in volume 11 (which the scans haven't yet shown us) that Kurobe isn't necessarily gay; it's that she's attracted to a certain type of person, regardless of gender/sex. She flat-out stated in the manga that she's attracted to "cute things", which includes people. Personally, I'd like to see her and Yuuto get together once he becomes an adult (hopefully he stays more-or-less "cute" in her opinion). Not sure how old Yuuto actually is in the story, but I'd like to think that there's not that many years between he and Kurobe. She's likely in her early 20s and he's probably around 15? There's al kinds of manga out there about younger men getting together with attractive older women; so it's not all that farfetched, if she's willing to wait for him...

Fed-Kun's army
...How is it HIS fault she cried, she's the one who immediately ran off without letting him say anything. He did nothing wrong.
True that; he could have chased her down, but truth be told, he's pretty dense when it comes to love.
Plus, we don't yet know his backstory, so there might be a good reason for his denseness.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
As we all know (cause manga/anime told us so) the japanese are extremely weak to water, wind and cold damage. Even a brief exposer to any of these damage types can cause a serious, potentially lethal debuff status. The fact that she was running on a cold day would have raised the wind shear, and she was crying so she was unknowingly taking water damage as well, compounding the problem. She's very lucky to be alive at all, I can only hope he'll except his confession before her tragic, untimely, and imminent death.
Yeah; that trope is so horribly overused it's pathetic. The only way one can "catch" a cold like that is if they have the virus lying dormant in them in the first place. Cold/dampness can lower immunity enough for a cold virus (or most viruses, actually) to become active. But if one either doesn't have the virus or has a good immunity to it (such as having gotten over a similar virus and as a result, their antibodies are still built up), that's not enough to bring you down with a cold.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Shiromanta even stated that in volume 11 (which the scans haven't yet shown us) that Kurobe isn't necessarily gay; it's that she's attracted to a certain type of person, regardless of gender/sex. She flat-out stated in the manga that she's attracted to "cute things", which includes people. Personally, I'd like to see her and Yuuto get together once he becomes an adult (hopefully he stays more-or-less "cute" in her opinion). Not sure how old Yuuto actually is in the story, but I'd like to think that there's not that many years between he and Kurobe. She's likely in her early 20s and he's probably around 15? There's al kinds of manga out there about younger men getting together with attractive older women; so it's not all that farfetched, if she's willing to wait for him...
If I remember correctly he is in 2nd year of HS, so he's 16/17. Natsumi and Futaba are 23/25 I think.

Dex-chan lover
Flip the genders. If a dude confessed to a girl who had been nice to him in a work environment and then ran away you'd be calling him an incel, and frankly you'd be right.
Girl would at least grabbed a guys arm to ask something akin to "Wtf was that?". Or, you know, give a guy a call. Cause if she didn't UNDERSTAND what was that was about and needed to PROCESS it, she at least would be qurious.
He may not be at fault for her crying, but he is at fault for being a slowpoke who let a person who he claims care about run away from him in tears in cold weather without a scarf. Dude, you 3 times her size. Just WALK behind her, you'll catch up.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit so you don't actually understand why she was crying lol. She was crying because his response to her question, along with his unemotional behaviour, made it clear (to her) that her feelings were not reciprocated. Therefore she already knew the answer to her confession and preferred to run away rather than hearing it out loud.
The fact that I have to explain such a scene is really concerning.
This is you having reading comprehension issues.

Not the person you replied to.

Dex-chan lover
If he returns her affections, I hope the manga can keep going. The writer has good comedic sense, just wish the chapters were longer. I teared up seeing her cry. I'm invested enough to affect my emotions other than laughter. I want the series to keep going. Unlike Tomo-Chan is a Girl which ended as soon as they started dating. That series cracked me up so much I was sad when it ended.

Group Leader
Girl would at least grabbed a guys arm to ask something akin to "Wtf was that?". Or, you know, give a guy a call. Cause if she didn't UNDERSTAND what was that was about and needed to PROCESS it, she at least would be qurious.
He may not be at fault for her crying, but he is at fault for being a slowpoke who let a person who he claims care about run away from him in tears in cold weather without a scarf. Dude, you 3 times her size. Just WALK behind her, you'll catch up.
You claim to understand and then fall back on "he should have just instantly processed and chased after her because of curiosity" and I already know you're an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread