Sensou Kyoushitsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 13 - Flowering

Dex-chan lover
That fight went crazy. To be honest, I’m probably gonna have to reread that a couple times to fully comprehend what I saw. I also didn’t think Lucas would just confront the Pope like that.

I kinda hope they’re not actually building a romance between Zoe and Lucas. That would be pretty weird.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn that fight was amazing, especially the paneling to show the Mirror's new power. The series had some creative paneling before, but this time it really went all out. Zoe crawling out between the panels made me fucking lose my mind! Even Lucas didn't understand what he was looking at!
RIP Mirror ramus, you were really really cool.

I love that they finally got another night out after so long, and this time Zoe and Oscar got to come along too! Miura is right, Lucas has already changed a lot since the beginning, for the better in my opinion. I love his relationship with Zoe too, to me it doesn't feel romantic, more like he really cares deeply about her, which is a new feeling for him.

Also, I feel like I feel the same way about Zoe! I love seeing her happy, and I'm so worried when she might get hurt!

Dex-chan lover
One heckuva finale for sure. Superb and creative fight as she reached the pinnacle right before her end. Series continues to strike a balance between depicting the brutality of a real war particularly in that kind of era, but also the humanity and respect that can arise simultaneously. It's a sombre feel, not flinching away from it but also not reveling in it, it just is. We've got some more world hints too though not many more answers yet. I wonder if the flowering was within the Pope's plans, or a coincidence both unfortunate in terms of lives lost but lucky in that the power he gained was greater then it would have been otherwise.

The thousand years the tree kings have all been at it clearly are starting grind away at them, perhaps the Pope and Emperor are the two remaining with the strongest will to keep at it. Clearly a big time of change is now happening with other kings starting to quit. Can't wait for the next chapter, thanks so much for the translation!

t28

Dex-chan lover
I cannot tell you how much I love this fucking manga.

Sooo much fucking potential all over the place.

Dex-chan lover
Worth a reminder since we might be about to get some cool reveals: back on page 8 of chapter 7, it was revealed that they are indeed on Earth. Author gives us a brief glimpse of the world from orbit, and the Mediterranean, Europe and North Africa are clearly depicted. So this is either an AU or like Ragna Crimson it's post-apocalyptic fantasy. Makes it even more exciting to find out the mystery of their world.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, so she evolved to make wormholes herself, what a terrifying ability, although I don't quite get how it was dodged on page 18. Makes me wonder what the other bloomed abilities will be. Also lets be honest here Lucas, you ain't gonna see shit.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Amazing fight with inventive use of the manga panel structure, this manga is really good.
I hope sales increase with the recent recommendation on volume 5 from the author of Vinland saga.

Dex-chan lover
Worth a reminder since we might be about to get some cool reveals: back on page 8 of chapter 7, it was revealed that they are indeed on Earth. Author gives us a brief glimpse of the world from orbit, and the Mediterranean, Europe and North Africa are clearly depicted. So this is either an AU or like Ragna Crimson it's post-apocalyptic fantasy. Makes it even more exciting to find out the mystery of their world.
Post-apocalyptic sounds right to me, since the Pope said the Tower is "a remnant of an ancient yet advanced civilization" in ch. 2.

BTW, since you mentioned world building details, there was one more thing I noticed: the Mirror ramus says her new power after the flowering is too much to control with a normal human body. Well, the Pope seems to have no trouble controlling it.
Also, the Garland, who also has a flower, seems to have a burnt(?) face. At first I thought maybe she was abused by the Empire or something, but it could also be a mark of her using her power and her body not being able to control it.

Dex-chan lover
Post-apocalyptic sounds right to me, since the Pope said the Tower is "a remnant of an ancient yet advanced civilization" in ch. 2.
I more meant though, post-apoc from our civ or not, which is less clear. I don't think we've seen anything conclusive on that front, no artifacts at all that are clearly modern let alone futuristic beyond of course the towers themselves. The "ruins of the past" the Mirror ramas had her dungeon in still looked medieval or at least 1700s or something, all stone.

Though the Kings speak of "Administrative rights" to the tower, like it's an advanced computer system. They talk as if educated in the present time, Pope understands space and orbital dynamics etc. But at any rate the author is playing things very close to his chest for now.
BTW, since you mentioned world building details, there was one more thing I noticed: the Mirror ramus says her new power after the flowering is too much to control with a normal human body. Well, the Pope seems to have no trouble controlling it.
Also, the Garland, who also has a flower, seems to have a burnt(?) face. At first I thought maybe she was abused by the Empire or something, but it could also be a mark of her using her power and her body not being able to control it.
Yep, the Kings are clearly something more than human. The Galia king seemed like he'd just evaporated from his clothing, perhaps their existence is tied to admin control over the towers. We've seen the pope wearing multiple faces but the face he wore on his last meeting with Galia king was kept hidden, maybe that was his original?

Anyway, such a cool setting, but so much implied or shown without any further explanation, like what's up with the rest of the world? This entire struggle seems to be in a small section of Europe, Papacy seems in the area of Rome, Empire maybe around London? Guess we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, can't forget that the Pope seems very interested in setting Lucas up as an educated leader type, he has plans for him beyond combat. Perhaps even to take over in some way, if admin rights to towers can be transferred around then does that include one of the new humans not just ones from whatever era the Kings are all from 1000 years earlier?

Group Leader
"Can I ask you to take off that helmet and show us your face?"

"All right."

presskit_ss_bio_bert-560x420.png

Users who are viewing this thread