Shadows House (Official Colored) - Vol. 16 Ch. 174 - Their Secret

I appreciate the thought of going against the house and not trusting anyone as what one was suppose to do but it is quite naive in itself. Although they have their circle of debutants working as a team, it will never be enough to fight against the house where power and status rules everything. Not even Kate with her wits and everything manage to do that hence, she became a star-bearer and rely on other people like Anthony to fight. They feel like they are gods for some reason just because they have undone the brainwashing lmao. Don't get cocky kids. You don't know who you are up against lol. I guess they have to be taught the Maryrose way to wake up on the reality. However, I must admit, Oscar's ability is really handy as it is used on spy and intelligence activities so that is a big plus on their team.

Dex-chan lover
I can't tell if Candy will be an ally or an enemy in the long run yet once she learns more details about Kate. She would definitely be opposed to the adults, but she seems to see Shadows as inferior beings rather than potential equals. Her comment about taming them like she's at the circus stands out a lot.

This actually feels like a new perspective. All the others bonded with their shadows before learning the truth. She, however, got to know the truth right off the bat and seems to view them all as monsters in the most literal sense. I'm not sure even Anthony does. I feel like he sees and acknowledges they're not human, but I don't think he goes that far. On that note, frels like she'd probably team up with him if they meet.

That said, I wonder how she feels about Emilyko since they knew each other. Does she have any fondness for her, or did she just see her as a hindrance and annoyance?

Dex-chan lover
Oh, it's really interesting that we get a rogue-ish third player, one dominated by a probably psycho living doll. I'm surprised Stella managed to develop herself as a proper soot girl, instead of withering away, since she didn't really have a personality to copy given Candy's independance.

Group Leader
They are just S & M.
That explains their behavior, lmfao :lol:
They tend to do self-harming shits.

I wonder why Candy can't trust Kate.

Is it because she thought Kate dismissed Patrick from Star Bearer after that ivy incident?

Looking at her now, I don't think she's incapable of saving herself from that incident. Her wanting to meet Patrick to thank him was probably also a test to see if Kate is trustworthy.

Last edited:
Contributor
Candy is very sassy. But man, she kinda thinks like an adult even before she landed on the island. She's... mature for her age I guess.

She didn't even think about miss no-name "odd jobs" Emilyko during her flashback, and given that she gave her reason this chapter for entering the manor, she's definitely not there for her. She probably wasn't even aware they were in the same circus. As Stella, she was the star, after all - Emilyko used to be a nobody in that troupe.

But she's interesting. I'd like to see her around for a while along with the main cast (I don't even know if she'll align with Kate and co. or become their own faction) and not be a flash in the pan like Maggie and Margaret was. Let's see what this group is capable of.

I kinda don't like her... something seems off
Candy? I think it's because she's an extremely narcissistic person. Every person, humans and shadows so far have been shown with relatively relatable human characters and emotions. On the other hand, Stella and Candy's first thought upon finding herself in a cold dark place and a house surrounded by "monsters" was to take over the place. That makes her seem much more inhuman than any characters portrayed in this manga so far.

Quite frankly, it's really jarring. I'm not sure how the author's planning to proceed with developing this character. Feels like they've been adding too many characters lately and so have started running out of steam in designing more, causing quality of newly introduced characters to drop.

Dex-chan lover
Aha, that's a fun one. They got lax in their brainwashing... that'd explain why the discrepancy in her name, too. I can't lie, the new kids not being helpless innocent lambs is honestly fun.

Users who are viewing this thread