Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 15 Ch. 160 - Margaret

Dex-chan lover
"Nobody likes my hobby and i try to force it on everybody because if you like flowers you're as pure as i am!" Dude...no, just no! The most ironic thing was that she pointed out everyone as "impure", while she herself harbored so much prejudice towards those who did not share the same tastes. It is in those moments that a Barbie kick is needed~fufu :huh:
Thnks for the tl s2

Dex-chan lover
"Nobody likes my hobby and i try to force it on everybody because if you like flowers you're as pure as i am!" Dude...no, just no! The most ironic thing was that she pointed out everyone as "impure", while she herself harbored so much prejudice towards those who did not share the same tastes. It is in those moments that a Barbie kick is needed~fufu :huh:
Thnks for the tl s2
Agree, but on the other hand people with lack of social skill + anxiety cant do much about it.
Thats why people like her just need 1 friend and that will change their whole world.
Speaking by experienced.

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh, what with this scene? Now you want to make Patrick fall in love with her? I thought it was more interesting Patrick fall in love Emilyko despite their difference.

Dex-chan lover
Agree, but on the other hand people with lack of social skill + anxiety cant do much about it.
Thats why people like her just need 1 friend and that will change their whole world.
Speaking by experienced.
When you don't know, you learn. If you can't do it on your own, you ask for help. There's nobody to blame but herself
I just hope Patrick doesn't have to be tangled with this girl. There's few worse relationships than pity relationships

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is a new type of soot-related phenomenon, where negative feelings can corrupt them. The fact the ooze bled into the gutter space is a bad sign.

I do feel a bit bad for her, she seems like a shy girl with low self-esteem/confidence who just retreated into her shell after her attempts to make friends ended with her getting spurned. While it's a pretty flimsy reason compared to some, I do see how she concluded "they're tainted by the people around them".

Also, where's Maggie right now? Because the last she appeared was right when the panels started to ooze soot.

Dex-chan lover
Speaking by experienced.
Patrick tried and look what came of it (lol) but you're probably right in this case~:pepela:

Double-page supporter
Watch Patrick gonna gain the soot ability to gain power through love lol

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is a new type of soot-related phenomenon, where negative feelings can corrupt them. The fact the ooze bled into the gutter space is a bad sign.

I do feel a bit bad for her, she seems like a shy girl with low self-esteem/confidence who just retreated into her shell after her attempts to make friends ended with her getting spurned. While it's a pretty flimsy reason compared to some, I do see how she concluded "they're tainted by the people around them".

Also, where's Maggie right now? Because the last she appeared was right when the panels started to ooze soot.
I don't think this is a new phenomenon. Most shadows, like we've seen in Barbara and Kate, emit soot as their sort of involuntary expression. They're surroundings naturally accumulate soot, but are cleaned by the living dolls, lest they amalgamate into clingers. (Maintaining their environment to mimic humans.) It seems that the characteristics of her soot is more vicious in comparison - Ch. 61 we see different characteristics: Patrick's soot is fine, and John's soot is described as starchy.

I do hope that the flashback that Patrick seemingly has become privy to, is implying that he manifested his soot power. Though I don't understand what sort of conditions he needs in order to use them.

It is suspicious that Maggie is not seen... Shadows exemplify a quality of the living doll they're mimicking, as well as their living doll enable their personality as a whole. It's amazing how Margaret got this far, she would have gone through a debut. But considering how Margaret tried to harm her face, a shadow's closest confidante, I wonder if there's more complex relationship here.

Dex-chan lover
When you don't know, you learn. If you can't do it on your own, you ask for help. There's nobody to blame but herself
I just hope Patrick doesn't have to be tangled with this girl. There's few worse relationships than pity relationships
Might as well call them "impure" for not being the same as you while you're at it why don't you, lol.

Being afraid and unable to ask for help sounds silly but look at it from their perspective, it's like asking someone who's afraid of heights to jump from a very high place and calling them silly for being scared.

Dex-chan lover
How long is this manga going to be? I feel like focusing on every single shadow is pointless. I know world-building and such but it's starting to feel dragged out. We still don't know anything about the Great Grandfather and I feel like the plot is not going anywhere. The hunt on the powerless is my least favourite arc. Why was it necessary to make Kate a star-bearer? We already knew she is OP. The last time I was excited for the manga was when we got Kate's backstory. I might drop this.

Dex-chan lover
Hold your horses pal, when dealing with personal issues, some adults find it hard to deal with them, with our without help.
But this is a kid we're talking about.
Now, I will not sit here and defend her, she does need help and her way of thinking is twisted and yeah I also think Patrick deserves better.
But let's keep in mind everyone here is a literal child, and children are known to be assholes, dumb and impulsive.

Dex-chan lover
Those soot icicles in the ceiling... So Margaret didn't use Barbara as a soot generator like Maryrose? She has a big amount of soot all these time?

Maybe she could be lying when Loise was doing a survey, but why Starbearer's didn't know about this based on the amount of a soot waste from her room?

I doubt she is being cautious like Kate at the begining of the story. Even Kate didn't bother to hide it anymore

Dex-chan lover
Might as well call them "impure" for not being the same as you while you're at it why don't you, lol.

Being afraid and unable to ask for help sounds silly but look at it from their perspective, it's like asking someone who's afraid of heights to jump from a very high place and calling them silly for being scared.
They are completely different things. Being afraid of asking for help means you know you have a problem and refuse to do something about it. That's worse than being ignorant because you know you don't know, but you're doing nothing about it. And even worse is blaming someone else about that situation.

Hold your horses pal, when dealing with personal issues, some adults find it hard to deal with them, with our without help.
But this is a kid we're talking about.
Now, I will not sit here and defend her, she does need help and her way of thinking is twisted and yeah I also think Patrick deserves better.
But let's keep in mind everyone here is a literal child, and children are known to be assholes, dumb and impulsive.
This is fine. They don't have a parental figure to shower them with love or guidance so it would make sense for kids to be lost

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this is a new phenomenon. Most shadows, like we've seen in Barbara and Kate, emit soot as their sort of involuntary expression. They're surroundings naturally accumulate soot, but are cleaned by the living dolls, lest they amalgamate into clingers. (Maintaining their environment to mimic humans.) It seems that the characteristics of her soot is more vicious in comparison - Ch. 61 we see different characteristics: Patrick's soot is fine, and John's soot is described as starchy.

I do hope that the flashback that Patrick seemingly has become privy to, is implying that he manifested his soot power. Though I don't understand what sort of conditions he needs in order to use them.

It is suspicious that Maggie is not seen... Shadows exemplify a quality of the living doll they're mimicking, as well as their living doll enable their personality as a whole. It's amazing how Margaret got this far, she would have gone through a debut. But considering how Margaret tried to harm her face, a shadow's closest confidante, I wonder if there's more complex relationship here.
True, we know that emotions impact soot output. It's the sheer volume of soot she's emitting that stands out to me this time, and the apparent sudden leap in power. Maybe she's always had the potential but was too timid to really access it, but this feels like some sort of awakening or corruption to me. I almost think maybe her negative emotions accumulated into the soot icicles that splashed down onto her, and "drowned" her in the negative feelings. (On that note, if Maggie got caught up in that sudden soot bath, she's not going to be in good shape.)

As for the relationship with Maggie, I think Margaret sees her as just a face. Most of the Shadows the story follows interact with their faces in private and see them as partners of sorts, but that's not really the norm and is only really starting to spread with the lack of brainwashing. The only time we saw Maggie really interact with Margaret in this chapter was right before she got overtaken, and even that was just trying to give Margaret some water more than trying to comfort her, Maggie just strikes me as a very dutiful living doll. It feels like the lack of interaction was pretty deliberate. If so, that distant relationship probably only added to Margaret's sense of isolation and made it worse.

Also, I don't think timidity would necessarily get in the way of passing a debut. The main qualities mentioned in the review of the main group's debut were their compatibility with their faces and soot quantity, and they likely passed on both those factors. Not sure how debuts usually go beyond that, since the commentary suggested that having living dolls act independently to save their Shadows is pretty unusual.

Aggregator gang
Bruh, what with this scene? Now you want to make Patrick fall in love with her? I thought it was more interesting Patrick fall in love Emilyko despite their difference.
Me too. I've been rooting for Patrick x Emilyko despite knowing the ship would sink, yet...

I hope we get more about Patrick's soot power soon. Seeing a shadow have a natural soot reaction to positive emotions is turning me into Sophie.

Users who are viewing this thread