Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 7 Ch. 79 - Rebels

Double-page supporter
Antony sounds really fishy.

I can't really trust him. Maybe, I'm paranoid.

Also, I guess this is what author have it in mind when they made twin of Belle.

Ah, knew he was still alive!

Kate is great as always, even if she wants to be cunning to escape, she is still a very compassionate person to the point of helping a foe who tried to frame her escape.

Double-page supporter
I really hope rosemary and maryrose survive the fall, I think they’re quick enough to act in that situation and survive
It’s really sad about the belles though, if the brainwashing is broken on the remaining belle she'd be devastated

Others have pointed out similar things, but I also think that Anthony and Christopher found some other way to unify (without killing the living doll, for example). That would explain how he was able to escape so quickly.

Dex-chan lover
I immediately though, “This Anthony guy is super suspicious!” but it seems that Kate also thinks the same. I’m looking forward to where they’ll go from here.

Dex-chan lover
@Robot_Ditto
I didn't get the impression that one was purposefully starving herself, but rather that she was already on the verge of death and had lost all appetite, and the other was "making up for it" as they always did out of habit. The brainwashing means they're not really treated as human or would think of survival like we would, but even with humans on the verge of death and exhaustion people often stop eating.

As far as why, the soot sickness can apparently be quite fatal, it was remarked that the "sendoff" often amounts to a death sentence. So just bad luck that one made it and one didn't, or from another perspective good luck that they didn't both die. Maybe she took in slightly more soot, got attacked by clingers a bit more often, or the water treatment worked slightly less well. They were both on the edge and she stepped over it while the other didn't quite. So it goes sometimes with toxic exposure. Like if you breath low levels of asbestos or ingest low levels of heavy metals or PCBs or whatever, there is a chance you develop cancer but it's probabilistic not guaranteed. A lot of people will suffer/die so we have standards around it, but every once in a while you'll find a coal miner or someone who smokes a pack a day and drinks with abandon or whatever who lives to their 80s/90s. The average life expectancy is a lot lower than regular population, but over enough people some will happen to get really lucky.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
Kate, Emilyko, Maryrose and Rosemary planning the ruse to escape the manor happen out of no where. Barbara protecting the Star Bearers with the letter hints that the Star Bearers are aware of Maryrose and Rosemary intention.

I felt like we skipped a chapter to build up Maryrose and Rosemary escape..

Dex-chan lover
Here's my theory; Anthony merely hid under the sink and is still stuck in the bathroom.

Hem

Double-page supporter
@orochijes
Here's my theory; Even if that's true - do you think they'd want that fine looking man to ever leave?

I have an idea about how Edward is going to handle these events if he can't pin the blame on the star-bearers: deny everything. "No, Maryrose wasn't a traitor and she didn't leap to her death. I merely invited her over and she failed her unification. A bird broke that window."

Maybe Thomas made a decision to cover up Christopher's suicide and Anthony's disappearance with a similar story. That may be why Edward's trio don't suspect Anthony despite their intimate relationship with him and Maryrose/Rosemary. (In Ch. 36, Jay describes the 3 of them as "the only ones left from our 'debut'", meaning they do know something happened to Christopher and Anthony isn't living at the adult's building with Christopher's name.)

Dex-chan lover
@Felgon, i think the most confusing part is the part during Kate, John, Louise, Patrick and Shirley's debut. Edward, the Shadow being is clearly in the garden playing the piano while the other two is with the third floor adults. Somehow, we see their living dolls in the garden.

Unification doesn't seem to be straight forward absorbing the host, like Buu (Dragon Ball Z).

We, the reader couldn't confirm if the living doll died unless the author releases more information for us to differentiate ourselves without another character telling us the living doll status.

@manga_follow_75743857 We only see Jay and Ellie in the garden during Ch. 36. Note that Edward is in different clothes during his conversation with them. Given the content of the rest of that scene, it appears that the conversation is happening in a flashback to when the trio were setting up for the debut, not during the debut itself.

I'm putting it in a spoiler just in case
I was actually having a theory that unification is actually two egos fighting for the body. If the shadow has a strong ego, they will "unify" with the body. If it failed, body is still human but no soot powers and shadow "dies"

Following this theory, Chris did suicide(maybe losing his Anthony form) so Anthony can live. If living dolls lived for the sake of their shadows, they will have little to no ego and will eventually think they are the shadow(then, unification). Shadows are partnered to living dolls to gain ego stronger than the living doll. Deviants like Kate might not need a host/living doll as she remembers from when she was formless, because she already established a bit of an ego back then.

Double-page supporter
@Felgon Nah i dont think so, if the unify was success.. Anthony could just pretend becoming an obedient adult & plan to rebel with manager position instead of hiding in some dark place

@Xirre good theory, it seem entirely plausible. But I feel like in most cases if the unification fails then both the human and the shadow die, not quite sure yet. I wonder what happened to the woman we saw a few chapters back who failed the unification?

Group Leader
Hot damn. While everyone else makes theories about here and that, here I am shivers about the cold death of one of the Belles. If they weren't in the Shadows manor, I believe they were just a normal loving siblings living their normal and beautiful life.

A letter of extradition, Edward.... your sense is indeed sharp hahaha

ahh I think the reason of Anthony doesn't have a high opinion about Maryrose is because she lost a motivation after hearing Christopher's death. Same thing with his Master who commited suicide (aka running away from problem).

Maryrose could have continue the fight like Anthony's wish. She could be a starbearers along with Barbara and continue their ideology.. But Maryrose chickening out, shut her self in a room... demotivated, and even planning to commit suicide at the very end...

Dex-chan lover
I feel Anthony is very cunning but able to trust him. This is just me when I say this. Maybe he wants to have EVERYONE he can rebel while Maryrose + Rosemary were mainly looking for a way for themselves. She is more private to her feelings and didn't want Barbie + Barbara to know the secrets (They aren't selfish but desperate) It seems to me that Anthony would want everyone to know. Except he can't when Christopher is gone.

Kate should know they need as many allies as possible.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the belle who was too tired to eat had her sister eat so she, at least, would survive.... or if this is another consequence of thinking as if you were a doll. Either way.

Maryrose and Rosemary have caused a death. I don't think ill of them for it. But it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread