Shadows House (Official Colored) - Vol. 16 Ch. 165 - Tragedy and Opportunity

Dex-chan lover
So the invitation isn't immediate, that's good. I thought Kate would be able to convince them Louise is still too young for the invitation, but looks like they'll need to do some serious plan. I'm surprised Sara and Mia are allowed to stay in the adult house though.

Also, I'm sad Patrick wants to resign but not surprised. It's clear he was heavily shaken by what happened with Margaret. The question is if Kate should try to talk him down, or accept the potential new allies. At the very least, I think Douglas has been shaken up by the incident too, so he's not as at-risk of betraying them.

Dex-chan lover
Not surprised that Patrick chose to resign immediately, he's honestly not cut out to be a leader. He's extremely indecisive and too willing to self sacrifice which makes him terrible at leading others. He's great at propping up others and making them stand out though, something he learned from Ricky
It's kinda ironic when in the beginning of the manga, we see Patrick and Ricky all high-and-mighty like a leader, someone who would never take orders. Now, they are growing, listening to others, and realizing they are more suited for the sides. A good character growth for them.

also..... I keep forgetting Edward is actually young. He was younger than Christopher before the adult debut. The same class as Rosemary and Maryrose. @_@ I was thinking, "Really? Edward who is always around the adults not minding to be around Sara?" Then it hit me, "Oh duh. He's not that old. It just looks like that with his hair"

Dex-chan lover
also..... I keep forgetting Edward is actually young. He was younger than Christopher before the adult debut. The same class as Rosemary and Maryrose. @_@ I was thinking, "Really? Edward who is always around the adults not minding to be around Sara?" Then it hit me, "Oh duh. He's not that old. It just looks like that with his hair"
I think it's difficult to know their actual age. If I remember correctly, there is only age limit. So even though they are in the same class, they can be in different ages. Maybe Edward is actually older than Christopher, he just join much later than him.

Dex-chan lover
I agree, Patrick’s growth was really something. He became a favorite of mine in no time and although it’s true he isn’t cut out to be a leader à la Kate, man is undeniably a soldier and I can see Ricky not backing down for his life in order to save Lou, real men. In any case, he resolved the Margaret incident and will get the respect he deserves from the other children so it’s all good to me.

Story is becoming more and more complex and I’d kind of like to see Kate breaking down, I feel like she received less development than say Patrick or Louise and making her drown under pression of multiples threats would be cool I think. Sure she has the more complex backstory but is actually human too in a sense whereas Patrick and Louise were born less than a year ago. I want to understand Kate better and take a look inside her mind, like okay you want to reclaim your name and get back your family’s house by punishing the wrong-doers that killed everybody in it but why do you need to save everybody in front of you? What made her so kind?

Oh and thanks ToraDora Scans, you guys rock.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Kate and Emilyko have got to be some of my favorite manga MCs ever. That crying panel just screams out how different they are. Kate’s plan was to make them feel the effect of a life lost but from what it looks like, she wasnt crying either. I believe that that was emilykos genuine emotion showing and kate using her position to weaponize those tears and make everyone else realize they should be crying, despite her keeping a dry face.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's difficult to know their actual age. If I remember correctly, there is only age limit. So even though they are in the same class, they can be in different ages. Maybe Edward is actually older than Christopher, he just join much later than him.
No, he is younger. In the past with Barbie and Barbra's past and how she made a promise with Rosemary and Maryrose, Edward was seen slightly younger. He was drawn with slightly bigger eyes, shorter, and less broad shoulders. I have a rough estimate on ages but its not really that important when Edward's only interest is getting to the top.

That's why I was confused at first thinking he might not be able to talk to her well due to her age until I remember "oh yeah, he is closer to Christopher's age so he can." Since he does want to use just about anyone. I am thinking about how would it relate to Edward's character. Since age is a tool in story telling.

Dex-chan lover
One thing i found interesting is that nobody commented on Patrick's power. If he can "nullify" the power of others, doesn't that mean he can also undo the brainwashing? Also i didn't expect him to give up, much less Kate to mourn Margaret's death. So Sarah will be in charge of keeping an eye on Kate during the "Debut", but having Douglas as the Star Bearer...i wonder what attitude he will have with Kate after he sees that she was not what Edward had said, but there is also the fact that he is still under the effect of the coffee...:shamihuh:
Thks for the wonderful translation~

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Kate and her usual scheming. This new arc comes out with a bang, can't wait for the development.
Inviting Sara to adult wing is weird though, that definitely breaks rules.

Dex-chan lover
Not surprised that Patrick chose to resign immediately, he's honestly not cut out to be a leader. He's extremely indecisive and too willing to self sacrifice which makes him terrible at leading others. He's great at propping up others and making them stand out though, something he learned from Ricky
Patrick will not quit. Rather he will stand up and get stronger.

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda ironic when in the beginning of the manga, we see Patrick and Ricky all high-and-mighty like a leader, someone who would never take orders. Now, they are growing, listening to others, and realizing they are more suited for the sides. A good character growth for them.

his hair really doesnt help him

Dex-chan lover
One thing i found interesting is that nobody commented on Patrick's power. If he can "nullify" the power of others, doesn't that mean he can also undo the brainwashing? Also i didn't expect him to give up, much less Kate to mourn Margaret's death. So Sarah will be in charge of keeping an eye on Kate during the "Debut", but having Douglas as the Star Bearer...i wonder what attitude he will have with Kate after he sees that she was not what Edward had said, but there is also the fact that he is still under the effect of the coffee...:shamihuh:
Thks for the wonderful translation~
do they even know?

Users who are viewing this thread