Shakunetsu no Niraikanai

Dex-chan lover
This was a solid buddy cop story. Mostly comedy, but it also had a good deal of action and heart.

A shame that buddy cop stories are going to be a dead genre in the West. Or more accurately, a brutally murdered genre.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Why literally none of series uploaded by MangaPlus work for me?

[Edit] Oh, because none of them are actually on Mangadex, and the redirect doesn't work on the Legacy reader. That's kind of... dumb?

Double-page supporter
Another banger, small mangas from the Jump are quite good lately

Fantastic, but the official translation is actually complete and utter garbage. Someone over there is working way above their pay grade.

Fed-Kun's army
After reading 5 chapter I realized that the drawing were making me recall Beelzebub, I am slow to the uptake sometimes lol

Dex-chan lover
Will this series actually have monstergirls?
It seems to mostly be monster guys if anything.

Contributor
I really wanted to like this for Tamura Ryuhei's sake, but the most this got out of me was a slight chuckle. He's really trying to get back that Beelzebub vibe, but that just doesn't work anymore.

I feel that the uploader, MangaPlus, is a troll. Tried forcing the pict on new page & they're cane w/ 404 page not found :mad:

Double-page supporter
inb4 He ends the manga with a gay reference copout instead of an actual relevant funny ultimate move.

Double-page supporter
honestly dumb as hell but fun to read, i hope it sticks around.

Samejima is the "cowboy cop" archetype. His partner is ALSO a cowboy cop, and also literally a dolphin. Said dolphin is the guardian of a girl who has unclear, ocean-related superpowers. Silliness ensues.

I like Samejima because despite being the archetype he is, he isn't stupid. He's also the one to play the straight man and comment on all the weird goings-on. The series is peak Japanese humor... I understand why it wouldn't land with some people, because Japanese-style humor isn't for everyone, but I thinks it's pretty funny so far. This series definitely deserves more love!

Damn this series got trashed by timing with the ratings. It's a shame, because this is a really good series. Unique premise, absurd humor, those brilliant what-the-fuck moments that the author loves to do.

Users who are viewing this thread