Shameless School - Vol. 11 Ch. 63 - Duel at Ganryu Island

Wow what a ride, kinda sad to see the manga have an ending that doesnt feel conclusive. At this point I kinda wish the war WAS the ending but I had fun reading it during each update either way. Looking forward to these flashback chapters coming out too.

Thanks Android for all your hardwork.

Dex-chan lover
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE TRANSLATION! I really enjoyed this legendary manga!

Also thanks for recommending the chapter of Gekiman. I read the manga years ago but didn't remember it being so detailed. I guess I forgot the spoilers lol

NIB

Dex-chan lover
I read Gekiman a long time ago before Harenchi Gakuen, and I didn't understand the impact that this manga had at the time (I was reading Gekiman because of Devilman, Devilman Lady and Devilman Saga, in addition, I was interested in Nagai short stories with less popularity, but that after some years, they gained cult status, such as Mao Dante, Cutey Honey, Kekkou Kamen, Dororon Enma-kun, among others).

I only had the idea that Harenchi Gakuen was a "controversial manga" and nothing more, I didn't think it would have such a strong undertone, especially for Nagai. I never imagined that Nagai's style, which is characterized by strong passion and emotions, captured in his drawings, would develop in this manga, it's good to see that he didn't lose that touch in his future works.

It was a great ride, I always wanted to read this story because of its importance in the industry and because it was practically the first manga serialized in the WSJ, but I didn't feel motivated to do so. Now I understand where the tropes of a gag manga turning into a fighting shonen out of nowhere come from, or how a school must be the right place to start an ecchi.

Thank you so much AndroidLB for your work, much appreciated that you didn't put some random fonts to the characters' "screams" and instead, you left it as it was in the RAW and put a note next to each one, that means that you have respect for Nagai's works.

I'm satisfied that the first heroine in an ecchi (Jubei) had a strong and fun personality, but at the same time, she's feminine and a bit perverted, instead of the insecure tsundere bitches from today that don't like being touched (a big fuck you to you Ken Akamatsu, if you even read this by any chance). Even though it's been 50 years since this manga ended, Jubei's legacy still lives on, with FMC like Lum (Urusei Yatsura), Lala (To Love Ru), and Hakari (100 Kanojo).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread