Shameless School - Vol. 7 Ch. 51 - Eternal Shameless Soul

Thanks for the chapter. So is this when the series was 'cancelled' before being brought back nearly a year later? Feel like I've read conflicted descriptions over the years of whether the series was cancelled twice (here and then at the end) or just here and ended naturally with Part 3?

Power Uploader
Thanks for the chapter. So is this when the series was 'cancelled' before being brought back nearly a year later? Feel like I've read conflicted descriptions over the years of whether the series was cancelled twice (here and then at the end) or just here and ended naturally with Part 3?
Right here the series had 11 month break. This series to my knowledge wasn't cancelked because of outside pressure. Actually it was very popular among the readers. Go Nagai himself more or less wanted to be done with this story and that's why it probably would have ended here had the editor not pressured him to continue. In Gekiman Nagai says that finally he was able to turn the wishes of his editor to cancel it so he could have more time to focus on Devilman. But in reality Mazinger Z started straight after Harenchi Gakuen so he had no more time. Part 3 ends on a slight cliffhanger. But the end of part 2 can be considered as a definitive conclusion.

Right here the series had 11 month break. This series to my knowledge wasn't cancelked because of outside pressure. Actually it was very popular among the readers. Go Nagai himself more or less wanted to be done with this story and that's why it probably would have ended here had the editor not pressured him to continue. In Gekiman Nagai says that finally he was able to turn the wishes of his editor to cancel it so he could have more time to focus on Devilman. But in reality Mazinger Z started straight after Harenchi Gakuen so he had no more time. Part 3 ends on a slight cliffhanger. But the end of part 2 can be considered as a definitive conclusion.
Ah, so Part 3 (aka the real ending) could still be classed as a cancellation then? Curious to see how it does wrap up since it's labelled as technically 'cancelled' here and that's what was discussed about for the longest time without having the chapters translated.

Power Uploader
Ah, so Part 3 (aka the real ending) could still be classed as a cancellation then? Curious to see how it does wrap up since it's labelled as technically 'cancelled' here and that's what was discussed about for the longest time without having the chapters translated.
Like I said in Gekiman Nagai requested for it to end (don't read if you don't want to spoil yourself). The end "p3" is unconclusive, but then I look at how Go decided to end Abashiri Ikka which ending isn't much better only difference being that Harenchi gakuen doesn't say "The End" and it's an cliffhanger.

For Further confusion there are actually 4 parts for Harenchi Gakuen but this 4th is forgotten as 3 and 4 both have the same setting. There just was a side story Legend of Bearded Godzilla (included at the end) bublished in between, which started part 4. That's why the last page of the magazine says end of part 4. But because the volume won't talk about this minor thing it doesn't matter and let's just call the rest part 3/final. Because the side story is included at the end, it can be thought as the final send of, at least to that one furry man.

Dex-chan lover
I love how Mami goes from "I want to fuck my brother" to "I'm going to be a lesbian for the money."
And page 61 seems like a prototype for the statue scene in Cutey Honey lol
This series to my knowledge wasn't cancelked because of outside pressure. Actually it was very popular among the readers. Go Nagai himself more or less wanted to be done with this story and that's why it probably would have ended here had the editor not pressured him to continue. In Gekiman Nagai says that finally he was able to turn the wishes of his editor to cancel it so he could have more time to focus on Devilman.
To my knowledge, Nagai was also pushed out of the magazine by an editor with a rule change. This new rule said that you can't publish a series by another publisher at the same time and this editor is said to have really had a problem with Nagai ending the popular Harenchi Gakuen and starting Mazinger Z. I don't know, maybe just stupid rumors.

Users who are viewing this thread