Share button for series for use in PWA

Fed-Kun's army
When using the PWA fullscreen mangadex “app” on iPad or iPhone, the URL bar is hidden. This means that there isn’t a good way to share manga links without manually opening another browser and pulling up the manga, and then getting the url. A ”share” button would allow the link to be grabbed, and sent around (mostly for use on the forums here - I was just now trying to send a reccommendation link and was frustrated that I couldn’t get the link from the fullscreen iPad PWA version of the site.)

Upvote 1
There are share buttons on most pages already tho? (PWA or not)
This only works on iPhone and not iPad. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but the share button only shows up on the mobile layout. It disappears at a min screen width of 48rem.

Power Uploader
This only works on iPhone and not iPad. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but the share button only shows up on the mobile layout. It disappears at a min screen width of 48rem.
Hmmm, either way, you can also tap and hold -> copy when selecting a series/chapter.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Hmmm, either way, you can also tap and hold -> copy when selecting a series/chapter.
This is what I tried - but in the PWA, I could tap and hold - but it would not let me actually copy the link. I could get it to barely work when dragging it outside the PWA (i.e. to a safari window that is splitscreened). I haven't tried in a bit, so I will give an update if I find it is resolved

Users who are viewing this thread