Sharehouse Nile - Vol. 3 Ch. 11 - History of Guevara

Double-page supporter
Aw yiss my boys El Che and Fidel, represented without the disparaging of American propaganda. This is actually really quite nice to see, especially in a manga

🫡 salute comrades
Except they weren't that nice. I am European. And I know both of them weren't totally nice people, especially Castro

Dex-chan lover
Except they weren't that nice. I am European. And I know both of them weren't totally nice people, especially Castro
and who the fuck is totally nice?

Also, Hexxy just said it is nice to see them being portraited as people in a work that is not from latin america. And not that nuestros hermanos were nice

Viva a revolução! Pelo fim do imperialismo!

Double-page supporter
and who the fuck is totally nice?

Also, Hexxy just said it is nice to see them being portraited as people in a work that is not from latin america. And not that nuestros hermanos were nice

Viva a revolução! Pelo fim do imperialismo!
What I dislike about Guevara: he made revolutions but nothing after that. He never really did something about rebuilding countries. He was an anarchist. I won't say that revolutions weren't needed where he went, just that he left it in chaos state.

And Castro became more or less a dictator.

I totally agree that USA weren't the good guy in the cuba crisis. But I find that the representation of Guevara and Castro are often too manichaean (totally black or white)

Group Leader
What I dislike about Guevara: he made revolutions but nothing after that. He never really did something about rebuilding countries. He was an anarchist. I won't say that revolutions weren't needed where he went, just that he left it in chaos state.

And Castro became more or less a dictator.

I totally agree that USA weren't the good guy in the cuba crisis. But I find that the representation of Guevara and Castro are often too manichaean (totally black or white)
What is one person supposed to do about it? I'm sure for him getting the revolution off the ground and successful was more important since he was good at that. State building could (and rightfully should) be left to the people who actually lived there.

I would say he did the best job he could with the knowledge and influence that he had. I'm also actually Cuban myself, so I have a much closer view of this.

Fed-Kun's army
This series tries really hard to strive for depth, but it's actually quite shallow. Despite that, I still love it. There's something charming about it that I cannot for the life of me figure out.

Double-page supporter
What is one person supposed to do about it? I'm sure for him getting the revolution off the ground and successful was more important since he was good at that. State building could (and rightfully should) be left to the people who actually lived there.

I would say he did the best job he could with the knowledge and influence that he had. I'm also actually Cuban myself, so I have a much closer view of this.
Doing a revolution without planning the aftermath is the worst possible idea: Russia revolution lead to the URSS; China revolution lead to the CCP; the French Revolution leads to 80 years of unstable government (none of the government lasted more than 20 years, with each change of government leading to more deaths.)
Just because the situation is bad doesn't mean it can't be worse after a change. I am in favor of revolution against dictatorship, but they need to think of the aftermath beforehand and not let it up to fate.

Group Leader
Doing a revolution without planning the aftermath is the worst possible idea: Russia revolution lead to the URSS; China revolution lead to the CCP; the French Revolution leads to 80 years of unstable government (none of the government lasted more than 20 years, with each change of government leading to more deaths.)
Just because the situation is bad doesn't mean it can't be worse after a change. I am in favor of revolution against dictatorship, but they need to think of the aftermath beforehand and not let it up to fate.
They are thinking of the aftermath. You can't predict that 40 years after your revolution the new leadership at that time will make decisions that fuck up whatever you stood for.

Group Leader
Some notable translation errors in this one.
1. Asthma doesn't cause seizures. They're referring to asthma attacks.
2. When Che is talking about the woman with asthma you make it seem like he's talking about himself. He's comparing his experience of the disease (having a ton of doctors/other resources) to the woman's experience.

Users who are viewing this thread