she is beautiful - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - kiss and tell

Fed-Kun's army
The thing about Kurumi is, while she's not as competent as the other characters, her decisiveness kinda makes up for it. As we can see from the early chapters, when she puts her minds into it, nothing will stop her (except for her memory loss lmao). It's just that she's too obsessed with Hikari for her own good, it can get quite annoying at times.

Dex-chan lover
There's something wrong with the narrative about Kurumi so far. The idea that's been implanted on her and us the readers is that she's an average member of Familie. However, we are seeing in the past few chapters that she's actually far more adaptable than Sayaka is and is also significantly faster to adapt to new situations and threats than even the Familie hunters. Basically, she is able to turn from a 10-year-old in the morning to an aggressively independent woman ready to duke it out with Regis itself by evening with very limited data. She is simply mentally superior to anyone else in the story so far. Her brain is running way faster. The problem is that the information limitation from the recurring amnesia is also limiting her ability to set objectives for herself, so she's running off pointlessly and bringing herself into increasing danger.

Since we know it's Sayaka who's been tampering with her memories, it is possible that Sayaka is actively trying to avoid a fully-functional Kurumi from surfacing. Familie seems to value Sayaka more than Kurumi because they considered her expendable compared to Sayaka, but I'm beginning to think that Kurumi is actually the dangerous one and Sayaka is resetting her to mitigate that danger.

We also know that Kurumi must have been in "production" because she has a 10-year-old daughter (unless it's an accident of some sort - like the twins in Tengoku Daimakyou), so it's interesting that Sayaka is saying she was in "labor" both to hide the existence of her daughter and blame the experiments for her "brain damage".

Dex-chan lover
After rechecking a few things, she's very sincere about this one

cSkLn4k.png

Kurumi seems to be suffering a lot before Sayaka did something. Maybe it was after or before their escape, possibly both. And knowing what their pursuer said about Kurumi's condition, it might have gotten pretty bad at a certain point.

I counted at least two
yeah, I'm on the same boat on that one

Dex-chan lover
I have a suspicion that the ballet dancer we saw might still be Hikari. Sure, she didn't recognize Kurumi, but we already know that memory loss nanomachines are a plot point. Sayaka did mention that 'art' class subjects are allowed to perform in the world when under supervision. Also, if Hikari was made from the dancer's genes, and Familie only selects genes from humans deemed outstanding, wouldn't the dancer have to be like 20 years older than Hikari at least? She doesn't look 45 to me.

Aggregator gang
Sayaka's relationship with Kurumi is absolutely toxic yuri, but it's she's the least toxic out of everyone else in the world. God, everyone else Kurumi meets wants to kill her, experiment on her, or rape her. Sayaka just wants to make her breakfast and watch her smile at everyday stuff.

I feel like the point of "everyone hates us because of Regis propaganda" has some truth to it, but is absolutely not the whole truth. To paraphrase what sssr said above, Kurumi's basically Jason Bourne on crack. People's hatred towards her feels too genuine to just be propaganda. She's done some shit.

Also, that line of "You won't feel like dying everytime you sleep" line hurt. Partially for personal reasons, partially because you know at least one of them has felt that way. Sayaka from loneliness and knowing what she has to do, possibly Kurumi from guilt and/or trauma.

Dex-chan lover
Oh that explains why she got daughter that ages more than the first sayaka's explanation that kurumi and sayaka already leaving the family when the explosion happened. Now the thing with hikari still waiting to be more clearer

Dex-chan lover
Ah you can barely do something yourself imbecile, what do you expect to do if you have memory loss, idiot

Too obsessed with hikari though.. I really feel that's artificial.. like a way to tie her to familie and make sure she comes back even if she gets out?

Also people hyping up kurumi might have some truth but it's overhyped for the most part.. multiple times it has been refered that kurumi is expendable whereas sayaka is the one they want.. it just looks that kurumi is awesome mainly cause she is the protagonist and things work her way so that the story keeps on going..

We can be reasonable sure Sayaka lied about some thing memory loss, brain damage, that not being Hikari and giving birth. We can only say this because we have contexts that Kurumi is lacking. I wonder how much more half truths and lies she told.

Users who are viewing this thread