She's My Childhood Friend Who Is Always Acting Coldly Towards Me But Clearly She Has A Crush on Me And That Makes It Cute - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
He should go the Cat God route, she seems happy with very little, it's the most economical choice!

Redemption arc for awful mother?
I'd prefer if it didn't happen, but it will. If she loved writing so much, she should have tried writing her beloved daughter a letter once in these however many years. It's annoying that such an irredeemable act is just going to be swept under the rug later, because that's how these comics go.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like we are nearing endgame here, I can't see how this would continue either from an rushed axed ending or just normal ending really. The premise joke has super run it's course.
I am still unsure how the author plans to Deus ex Machina the:

"Confession =Death curse"

Until the author manages to get out of that hole they wrote themselves into, this story will remain stuck in limbo.

Either a random asspull will undo the curse or they will only fix it at the very end of the story.

Fed-Kun's army
I am still unsure how the author plans to Deus ex Machina the:

"Confession =Death curse"

Until the author manages to get out of that hole they wrote themselves into, this story will remain stuck in limbo.

Either a random asspull will undo the curse or they will only fix it at the very end of the story.
The only ways I think the curse could be undone is if a character we know or a character in the future is the jealous goddess and the ether just undo the curse or more likely in my opinion reverse the curse so that he has to get confessed to in order to live and that will be the ending him running into all the girls with the childhood friend being the last one and only then she confesses to him

Dex-chan lover
The only ways I think the curse could be undone is if a character we know or a character in the future is the jealous goddess and the ether just undo the curse or more likely in my opinion reverse the curse so that he has to get confessed to in order to live and that will be the ending him running into all the girls with the childhood friend being the last one and only then she confesses to him
My prediction is gonna be "It was never really gonna kill him" and we'll get the eventual "Oh no she's confessing and I can't stop her......... wait I'm not dead now?"

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. I don't want to discourage you but the english is a little stilted. If possible you might want to work in making it more natural.

Contributor
I'll be the holdout with a hot take in here. I still don't believe the main girl is a tsundere and not an ice queen kuudere. Ayano is an outwardly cold, quiet and aloof kuudere and this is a hill I'm willing to die on. Come on, she's got a fairly stoic face in here and tsunderes do not have a monopoly on blushes.

I'm convinced the main English title is a mistake, especially since the original JP title does not have any mention of "tsundere" at all. It's my guess that "Tsundere" Childhood Friend is a misinterpretation from one of the scan groups that liberally translated the title.

The translation of part of the title "Shiotaiou na" into "Tsundere" does not work for me.
A kuudere can be equally cold, unwelcoming and harsh, this is by no means limited to tsunderes.

Dex-chan lover
I'll be the holdout with a hot take in here. I still don't believe the main girl is a tsundere and not an ice queen kuudere. Ayano is an outwardly cold, quiet and aloof kuudere and this is a hill I'm willing to die on. Come on, she's got a fairly stoic face in here and tsunderes do not have a monopoly on blushes.

I'm convinced the main English title is a mistake, especially since the original JP title does not have any mention of "tsundere" at all. It's my guess that "Tsundere" Childhood Friend is a misinterpretation from one of the scan groups that liberally translated the title.

The translation of part of the title "Shiotaiou na" into "Tsundere" does not work for me.
A kuudere can be equally cold, unwelcoming and harsh, this is by no means limited to tsunderes.
Whats interesting is the alternative english title is "She's My Childhood Friend Who Is Always Acting Coldly Towards Me But Clearly She Has A Crush on Me And That Makes It Cute" which fits better. Even DeepL basically gives this name (Although salty instead of coldly) so where did the Tsun part come in?

Contributor
Whats interesting is the alternative english title is "She's My Childhood Friend Who Is Always Acting Coldly Towards Me But Clearly She Has A Crush on Me And That Makes It Cute" which fits better. Even DeepL basically gives this name (Although salty instead of coldly) so where did the Tsun part come in?
I took a quick look at the different versions and Kouhai Scans has always used the non-tsundere title, which I accept as the correct translation. This means it's ManhwaFreak that's responsible for putting the "Tsun" in where it shouldn't be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread