Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru - Ch. 111

Dex-chan lover
Feels like author is trying to portray the guild leader as the good guy, but she is quite obviously a bad guy...

There is some truth in that adventurers have a shitty and dangerous job - but that is exactly why they want insurance and overall to avoid operating outside their optimal condition (or jobs they know they can handle), when it can be avoided.

And that whole thing about forcing obviously injured adventurers still in bandages to run out into the field... Yeah, no. She is the bad guy alright.

ps: seems guild master has a mind manipulation skill? Since despite her speech being one that should honestly have caused a revolt, or at least ensured ppl sat it out and looked for new jobs or went independent adventurer, somehow ended with people cheering and deciding that joining the duel was a good thing.

pps: I suppose this is all a plan where she hopes the fodder adventurers to die off (from aforementioned reasons AND) from infighting. People will ambush others, overall fight when in monster territory, lay traps to remove competition or at least slow them down, and stronger ones will simply become highwaymen demanding the loot from all weaker ones they encounter.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Kage will enforce a non-interference rule between the competitors, or if that's "just part of being an adventurer."

• Thinking
Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this company might be black, but adventurer's are kinda handymen with weapons. If they are sick, getting a lower evaluation and working back up while they get healthier might be their best option. I assume there is restrictions preventing higher ranks from taking low rank gathering quests. The main thing this test is doing is handling rank up fraud, it looks like to me.

And Kage deserves a higher rank or at least to become vice leader if they are handling the monitoring of this many participants alone. The ability to do that is a godsend in administrative duties.

• This
Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
All adventurers must participate! Except for Kage, he gets to just watch (despite being one of the main candidates for S rank, which is the whole reason we're supposedly doing this).

I can't work out if the author expects us to think this is all a good idea, or if we're supposed to think the characters are fools for going along with it

Users who are viewing this thread