Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
@conscript117 : to be fair, the covers tend to have higher budgets, since you need to color them.

But on the cover you do not see her talk, and I was not impressed with anything she said. She is acting high, but seem to have no awareness of the local situation. if you are new to town, you ask.

Dex-chan lover
@blablablub
She has a bad temper, but I like the mc even less.
He decided to stay f-rank, which will lead to a continuous use of the trope "people will be condescending until I demonstrate how awesome I really am".
Rankings in manga are always irrelevant, at least to the mc. But there are generally circumstances why it doesn't reflect the strength of the mc. (Rank up takes time and achievement and the mc is strong but new, or mc's strength can't be measured, or he's hiding his strength.)
Here, he was properly evaluated by his achievements, but actively declined the rank up. It feels cheap.

The lady's condescending tone is a bit much, but going by f-rank standard in this world, it is somewhat justified. The mc just asked for it himself.

Dex-chan lover
@Wyrm : the bad thing is, he has a reason to stay low ranked, standing out means people target you to Either remove or use. He wants his freedom which unless a certain rank it needed to move around (like in some stories) a low rank where he can earn enough is all he needs.

Also, if the lady knows anything about the town, then mocking someone for being F-Rank is foolish since it is pretty clear you have to be well beyond that to get past the guild "testers", and the others will try to drive you out as well. Plus it seems like the majority of the guild is hoarding those easy collection jobs.

So if i am a cook and all i have is rotten meat to cook with its wrong of me to sell it right? I mean i can cook it to perfection but its rotten. So basically armorer is at fault too. He sold to someone who doeNt know the situation with a product designed to protect your life. No craftsman no matter what would sell inferior products and still claim skill
@sjmcc13 if a sword can break during a normal fight is it really able to be used? A faulty product is a faulty product. We dont get mad at the mine that apple gets theur copper wire from we get mad at apple if they use that faulty copper to make a phone that breaks
Also he knew and didnt warn her and even defended it at first saying Nothing was wrong until dude did inspection and saw low quality materials were used. So if dude hadnt checked it would he even had admitted to it?

Dex-chan lover
@Joemassie728 : there is a difference between rotten and low quality. His materials are all low quality, but not unusable. Plus people need weapons, and he needs to make money to support himself. Though I will give that he should be warning the customer that he was limited in materials.

Dex-chan lover
I feel using the term "quality" doesn't work with this, because when saying the blade is quality, it means the workmanship and the material are both good... so maybe replace "quality" with "workmanship" for better accuracy. Because that's what the issue is. It has great workmanship but bad materials.

@blablablub Why would you hate her??? She's hot, she stands up for herself when she's wronged (the dwarf should have properly mentioned that he's stuck using crap material before he sold it) and she would rather not have the MC risk his life just for her own benefit...

@Wyrm How is her temper bad? She was yelling, yes, but to be fair, she was kinda scammed. The Dwarf should have stated beforehand that the materials are lacking before he sold the product, not after it broke.

And she wasn't being condescending, she was honestly worrying about his life and safety. Let's be real... only we know he's an OP MC... others don't...

That being said, you are right about the ranks in manga being irrelevant for MCs... normally, people would join a guild when they are weak and then go strong, or if they are properly judged, would rank up quickly (like how the MC did).

Even if high rank adventurers would be called to do stuff, it's supposed to be after a reasonable level... I mean, there should be a level that would allow the MC to be a high rank without being forced to do things, after all, ranks are supposed to show ability after all, and if the cost is too high, then that'd be a problem. It'd be bad for the guild and for everyone. The rank should be shown to show the MC's ability and what level of quest he could handle... the lack of freedom should come form some other benefit he would get, not from rank...

You'd want the person to have a higher rank so that they can take higher level quests, be assigned to teams when necessary, and even if he has no obligation, other branches would be able to at least ask him

The author obviously just wanted to keep the MC F rank so that everyone would underestimate him... plus, he probably just wanted the MC to be F rank (hence the title)... but it's obviously stupid.

Dex-chan lover
@Joemassie728 : Even with the best materials and craftsmanship blades can and will break. It happens.

Plus and this is important for metal work there are methods to compensate for low quality steel. folding is one of them, since the quality it likely from impurities and folding it a technique to remove some of the impurities.

Though if it was made right, baring microscopic fractures that can occur at any time, bending should be more likely to occur, so it is likely still largely how she was using it.

Dex-chan lover
Bad temper was justified, but she would have had better results trying to discuss things just a little. She did get at least partial refund after the mc intercedes.

Also, how is "potato rank" not condescending?

So, she is basically justified in all her reactions, but still she does have exaggerated reactions.

this lady will be shocked when see shes what mc is doing also we already know what his sword will look like anyway from the cover

Dex-chan lover
It's always so damn stupid in every story that people never take in t consideration the person just the adventure rank to determine someones strength.

Fed-Kun's army
@sjmcc13 He shouldn't be making pot metal rapiers, period. Adjusting your designs is part of compensating for low quality steel. This dwarf probably got people killed with his caveat emptor mentality.

That said, a dwarf crafting masterwork goat cheese rapiers is exactly the kind of behavior I've come to expect. I'm just surprised it doesn't menace with spikes of cat bone or something.

Fed-Kun's army
theres always "villain" putting "trials" to random person he doesnt even know, just for boredom or another stupid reason
and he really should accept higher rank, so it wouldnt be weird to accept dangerous requests 😆

thanks for chapter

Supporter
I thought we'd never see her, I'd always get confused when this manga updates, since I'd see the cover and think "who were these people again?", I feel like they introduced her too late considering she's on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread