Shikkoku Tsukai no Saikyou Yuusha - Vol. 10 Ch. 53 - The Memories of Master

MD@Home
That was a rather weird test. Of course you can't suddenly murder someone who was your master for years in cold blood. If Shion could do that, he'd be a lunatic.

Dex-chan lover
Shion's master wasn't possibly that excellent. Maybe he was good at teaching the darkness techniques and some combat sense, but he didn't have what it takes to train Shion's mentality. That final test was pretty much nonsense. If nothing else, he should have hammered it into Shion that he's not responsible for other people's deeds. A hero's job might be stopping a villain, but the hero isn't responsible for the evil acts the villain performs while the hero is still in the process of stopping him/her. If a hero can't live with that realisation, it's better to quit.

Dex-chan lover
And so the battle with the opponent who should have been killed in chapter 47 of volume 9 is still not finished in chapter 53, which was given-up to two pages' worth of flashback stretched-out over thirty pages.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure how this isn't cut down by axe-kun yet. Low-blood-sugar fueled rant incoming!

-MC can't kill 2 obvious murderers to save thousands of innocent people.
-MC isn't strong enough, so he goes and gets a McGuffin, and now he's strong, except he won't use his full power.
-MC forgives the girls who betrayed him because, umm, ladyparts? Not really sure, because MC is neutered and shows zero romantic interest in any of the FMCs.
-Then the girl dies anyway because he is too big of a coward to just curbstomp the bad guy with his full power from the start.

I just came back from the future to complain about the next 10 chapters. This fight is JUST wrapping up @ ch. 63! It was already a really boring arc. Two sides of a town hate each other because of religious reasons... We get it, Isreal. Poorly written religious politics in a shonen kids manga, that's a surefire way to keep young readers interested!

I want to like this one, mostly because Haku is great. But OP MCs that refuse to kill (justified/self-defense killing, not mass murder-boner nutjob MCs, that's a different genre!) or refuse to use their full power because "reasons" is a plague that ruins a lot of this whole genre. Damn. Ok I'm done griping. OOOOH I just found ice cream cones in my freezer!

Contributor
Hmm, so he already had a hero complex this early. His hero complex meant that he could not choose because he wanted to save everybody including his own nutjob of a master who seriously tried to kill innocents as part of his "final test". Astra could've tried to teach him some interesting lessons here: that saving everyone was not truly possible, and even an ally can betray him and turn into an innocent killing monster, like he almost did. Astra's act of seriously trying to kill them as part of a test is insane, and I wouldn't have blamed Shion if he ended up killing his master over it.

Dex-chan lover
i have suspicions that the master gonna be a big villain at some point. unless he's already dead before the beginning of the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread