Shikkoku Tsukai no Saikyou Yuusha - Vol. 9 Ch. 45 - Midnight Battle

Dex-chan lover
...The hypocrisy of that hero knows no bounds.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Maybe I'm too opptimistic, but as there are many temptations that drive people to do evil (asocial) deeds (mostly deeds driven be egoism in one form or another), there is also a strong desire/instinctive calling to do good (social) deeds. You might not give money to charity, but then again you might call an ambulance, if you see somebody bleeding on the street, who isn't responding. Nobody is pure evil nor good (though some might be really sinister), but for society to work, egoism isn't enough. Being able to trust each other and in turn get back just enough to feel your needs be secured for now, is soooo much easier, then picking a fight with the world. It's the lazy and frankly better way (most of the time, as most of the time it works out swell). So "good people" will always be in the majority, as it is build into our gnome and a proved concept.

Of course it works better, when evil people (evil proven by deeds) get purged from society. (Am I now in China-kun's army? Don't wanna.)

EDIT: Disclaimer: I'm not in favor of social purging. Just making sure.

Last edited:
MD@Home
Of course it works better, when evil people (evil proven by deeds) get purged from society. (Am I now in China-kun's army? Don't wanna.)

EDIT: Disclaimer: I'm not in favor of social purging. Just making sure.
Some stories, especially fairy tales, can easily make us think that. Get rid of the evil villain(s), and all problems are solved.
That could not be farther from the truth in real life, however. To begin with, very rarely, if ever, will you meet someone who truly qualifies as an "evil villain". We are all humans, with our flaws, insecurities, nasty thoughts and so on. Few if any lack any redeeming qualities either. So if you want to "purge" evil, where do you start? Where should we draw the line? People who actually tried drawing such a line usually ended up in the same category of people they wanted to get rid of...

Fed-Kun's army
Furthermore, it is conceptually impossible to erase evil. There will not be good without evil, light without darkness.
That being the case, I don't fault authors for conveniently writing their antagonists with that flawed view, as it is actually quite a common mistake in real life. We can actually see that in some political ideologies.
I'm sure everyone realizes that our society has come to hate itself. Misanthropy.

Dex-chan lover
Some stories, especially fairy tales, can easily make us think that. Get rid of the evil villain(s), and all problems are solved.
That could not be farther from the truth in real life, however. To begin with, very rarely, if ever, will you meet someone who truly qualifies as an "evil villain". We are all humans, with our flaws, insecurities, nasty thoughts and so on. Few if any lack any redeeming qualities either. So if you want to "purge" evil, where do you start? Where should we draw the line? People who actually tried drawing such a line usually ended up in the same category of people they wanted to get rid of...
Well generally speaking if you wanted to purge evil, the best way to do it is to prevent it, which means regulations and laws to prevent it and harsh punishments for breaking it, problem is this is the realm of a god, not a human as humans are falliable and as such the moment a human does it they are likely to become corrupted by their own desire for "justice".

There are a very few examples of this in history working out when a human does it, but there are far more that led to the slaughter of countless innocents.

Oh and said justice cannot be "your" justice, it would have to be universal justice, which is why this is the realm of a god and not a human, as human laws harm the innocent and justified all the time.

Dex-chan lover
I think the curse hero’s power will be revealed to be… random bullshit, go!

Also, thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
"Shion Axe, do you think I would explain my master-stroke to you if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting it's outcome? I did it 35 minutes ago."

Double-page supporter
So, the curse hero is the main antagonist? or there really is someone or something behind him?

Dex-chan lover
This chapter must be the most naive so far, in this series with generally very naive writing. Where the heck did that drunkard come from so conveniently, anyway? And he even spoke those highly scripted lines. If this was some other series, I'd say that was all preplanned by the curse hero. He had cursed (programmed) a random dude to do that, at the right moment, to attack Shion psychologically. But since this series is what it is, I doubt that's the case.

Dex-chan lover
So die a hero or live long enough to become the villain... I see.

Contributor
I guess now that the original premise about being betrayed by a group of jealous heroes and their duplicitous groupies has played out it's time to go past that with this big bad. Then again I suppose this was never truly about Shion's revenge on those who wronged him, since he doesn't really want that. But I'd still want to see some sort of comeuppance for them, even if they only did it supposedly after being forced to by this puppetmaster.

Users who are viewing this thread