Shimeji Simulation - Vol. 5 Ch. 44 - We are but a stream

Dex-chan lover
In one of the last chapters of GLT the girls find a record of three rockets that were launched before the city was destroyed by the war; two of the rockets had their paths cut short, as though they stopped functioning out in space. The third rocket, however, continued on indefinitely. I think Yomikawa's story about the computer was meant to be connected to that rocket, but the fact that Chii and Yuu appear to be in this world kinda contradicts that.

I still want to believe that this is some kind of afterlife, which is why both Shijima (who lived in the distant past, as seen in the photos) and the Potatoes can exist at the same time

Dex-chan lover
In one of the last chapters of GLT the girls find a record of three rockets that were launched before the city was destroyed by the war; two of the rockets had their paths cut short, as though they stopped functioning out in space. The third rocket, however, continued on indefinitely. I think Yomikawa's story about the computer was meant to be connected to that rocket, but the fact that Chii and Yuu appear to be in this world kinda contradicts that.

I still want to believe that this is some kind of afterlife, which is why both Shijima (who lived in the distant past, as seen in the photos) and the Potatoes can exist at the same time
The rocket story seemed to imply that it was a process that wasn't very well understood or documented, so maybe whatever it was took a brain imprint of everyone-including Chii and Yuu-before it was sent off?

Dex-chan lover
I remember seeing a comment in the earlier days of Mangadex some months before it got taken offline for three months in March 2021 where someone had the exact theory of them being in a simulation in space that was detailed in this chapter, except without the part of the plague and that they thought the simulation was starting to fail.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so that explains why there was a picture of Shimeji-chan and her sister on that girl's last tour chapter...
But still, like lluNhpelA said, it doesn't make much sense that the girls from GLT are there in this world too.

Great manga, it makes me hyped for the next chapter every time

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, so that explains why there was a picture of Shimeji-chan and her sister on that girl's last tour chapter...
But still, like lluNhpelA said, it doesn't make much sense that the girls from GLT are there in this world too.

Great manga, it makes me hyped for the next chapter every time
I still think there's a good chance chito and yuuri are just here as an easter egg

Dex-chan lover
I still think there's a good chance chito and yuuri are just here as an easter egg
Any given Easter egg usually shows-up in just one place or at just one moment; Chito and especially Yuuri have appeared in multiple places at multiple times.

A theme in this chapter is that what we actually have are models of people and, if-and-when we lose those models, we lose all that we have of other people. Chito and Yuuri are created as fictions — as models that aren't of anyone.

Tsukumizu killed Chito and Yuuri, but she doesn't want them dead. With a greater fiction of the right sort, she might be able to unkill them.

Users who are viewing this thread