Shinen no Majutsushi ~Hangyakusha to shite Yuuheisareta Ore wa Fushi no Karada to Saikyou no Chikara wo Teniire Boukensha to shite Nariagaru~ - Vol. …

Fed-Kun's army
This mf is doing everything but changing the the so called rotten world. And this so called rotten world is generic Japanese fantasy world.

Fed-Kun's army
I... can't unsee an image of a middle schoolers writing this and it somehow got a manga adaptation of this because a publishing editor whispers to his college, "We need some filler writer ASAP,"

Dex-chan lover
Even if the character doesn't want to upend the social order and abolish slavery as an institution, if the character really wanted to go for the "good" answer, it'd probably be something like "Buy, free her, and then offer the job". Or at least just don't use the magic binding.
Valid.

I'm not sure what I'd do in the actual situation tbh. But I'd consider treating her as an indentured servant (with rights) til I free her. Financially, it'd be difficult to just buy slaves and free them. It's more sustainable/repeatable to buy a slave, work something out with them in terms of tasks, make money, free them after a certain point, and then repeat with more slaves.

But facing an actual person who has been enslaved... I'm not sure I'd be able to just... not free them.

Dex-chan lover
Valid.

I'm not sure what I'd do in the actual situation tbh. But I'd consider treating her as an indentured servant (with rights) til I free her. Financially, it'd be difficult to just buy slaves and free them. It's more sustainable/repeatable to buy a slave, work something out with them in terms of tasks, make money, free them after a certain point, and then repeat with more slaves.

But facing an actual person who has been enslaved... I'm not sure I'd be able to just... not free them.
I mean, I don't think characters, on a narrative level, should necessarily do the good and moral thing, mind you. Nor necessarily from a realism standpoint, I'd say that most modern persons, if reborn in a position of prestige in a world with slavery, they probably aren't going to upend the social order. Maybe not engage in the worse sort of abuse, but otherwise just accepting their new society, sure.

The issue is some character doing this shit and then patting themselves on the back (and the narrative going along with it). Hell, I'd even accept the patting on the back if not immediately freeing her was part of a greater plan and all that. But nah, he thinks he can ignore the whole "having her magically bound to him" by just saying some words about treating her like an employee, apparently so he can feel morally superior.

This brain-dead trope always ignores what happens when someone buys a slave. The. Traders. Restock. The. Shelves.

You wanna free that slave? Follow the trader home and let the cleaners find the body in the morning. Rinse and repeat.

Dex-chan lover
Childhood friend gets killed by slavers. Pays money to slave traders to get a replacement friend and fund their future trafficking.

Cocaine is one helluva drug!
I’m holding a slight bit of hope that he got her to take out the “bad” traffickers, but agreed.

Dex-chan lover
This brain-dead trope always ignores what happens when someone buys a slave. The. Traders. Restock. The. Shelves.

You wanna free that slave? Follow the trader home and let the cleaners find the body in the morning. Rinse and repeat.
Why spend time being isekai Catcher Freeman when you can have a harem!?

… I’d say burn the whole thing to the ground after freeing the slaves, but that’s just the fisher tiger in me.

Group Leader
All the beastkin slaves had extraordinary attack power!

If you need strong companions, only a slave company will have strong woman in them. The guild only has burly dudes LFG, F that.

Users who are viewing this thread