Shiro Madoushi Syrup-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - White Mage Syrup-san's Trust

Double-page supporter
Girl, you just destroy the romance with your last line.

This chapter seemed kinda off to me.

Hasn't MC trusted a lot of people before syrup-san? I mean he was betrayed by the initial white mage it would be logically that he wouldn't trust white mages and just try to not take damage so he could be self reliant. But no, he immediately went around and hired random white mages to heal him. It seems like he relied on and trusted them since he fought recklessly and they had to work hard to keep him alive. His thought process doesn't really make sense to me in that regard since it didn't seem like he had trouble relying on others even when he was acting self destructively from his trauma.

I guess he trusts Syrup-san on an emotional level unlike the other white mages who abandoned him since he is unreasonable. So she is more of an emotional support than the actual healing support.

Supporter
She would make for an interesting yandere. Torn between killing and healing. Infinite stabbing and hugging.

Dex-chan lover
@Redmongrel Maybe he was trying to die while trying his best at fighting.
But yeah, his intentions would still be kinda off.

@Redmongrel
Eh, Syrup heals him in every other sense beyond just physically.
She’s the ultimate white mage.
It helps that she’s acquiring his heart, in a sort of unspoken manner. So she’s helping him clear his trauma.
And I could see her getting genuinely angry at that bastard of a white mage and somehow annihilating him with some appropriately timed hidden reserve of power she has stashed away inside her big bosoms or something.

But yeah, she basically tamed him with hugs, slowly seeped into his heart, and began to heal it from the inside out while occupying it for herself.
She’s basically outright taken him as her husband at this point, reminiscent of how some Japanese women will call their partner “Papa” in front of their children, and he seems to be quietly succumbing to her advances, so it makes complete sense that he’d trust her, and if I bet that if Chrono gave the slightest hint that he was ready to seal the deal with her, she’d pounce on him Lupin-style and make him an actual “papa”.
It’d be hilarious to see that, anyways.

Contributor
The foreshadowing of the traitorous white mage inevitably returning to the main storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread