Shougakusei ga Mama demo Ii desu ka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Daraketai! "I Wanna be Lazy!"

Let's talk about the "just do it" on a three stripes shirt...

Group Leader
This one is not Volume 2 because I already check Index Volume 2 for this manga. It only
chapter 1~5 = Volume 1
chapter 6~11 = Volume 2
chapter 12~?? = Volume 3

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!

Loved the "oba-san" comment. This was a great chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
The stuff discussed in this chapter and the credit page is exactly why this series is a godsend.

It is why I actually don’t call these series “isekai” even if they’re actually isekai. When you talk about isekai, you typically remember the fantasy, the rpg, the reincarnation, the generic harem, the leveling system, so on and so forth. Then over here, you get a manga that actually dive into all the reincarnation aftermath, the memory-skills issues, the self-identity problem, and how it comes into play in the current world (don’t even have to be a modern setting). With those checkboxes, I would rather called these stories sci-fi than isekai. It’s what I am exactly looking for since YEARS, which kinda show that even with so many isekai lying around, this kind of stuff is a rare occurrence.

Wish there is a way to categorize these stories and the normal isekai separately.

Power Uploader
I think Ashiya is going to show up and misunderstand a lot of things.

in the bookworm isekai maine has this problem, but seen under other perspective, the former child maine personality end fused with the otherworldly urano persona, acting as a child in several ocasions but as an adult in other; unlike tanya where the child (and female) influences came very later

Double-page supporter
@kn1000a

It is why I actually don’t call these series “isekai” even if they’re actually isekai.

You are misunderstanding something. This series isn't "isekai" by any stretch of the imagination. Reincarnation has nothing to do with isekai, it merely is a common theme that shows up in isekai stories. What makes something an isekai is the existance of "another world".

Also, genres are not mutually exclusive. You can have a sci-fi isekai just as easily as you can have a fantasy isekai. Something being an isekai does not prevent it from being sci-fi as well.

Fed-Kun's army
@GodGinrai Oops, that’s right isekai indeed involves another world. I guess I myself used it wrongly as this world is not an alternative reality.

As for the genres exclusion and inclusion, I already know of that. Doesn’t make it easier to find these sci-fi focused reincarnation stories. Nowadays the moment you mention “reincarnation” people will just dump you a ton of isekai recommendations. Same with finding them; this manga is the only one so far I found through the 6 years I start reading manga. Based on the tags of this story (isekai and no sci-fi) that makes it even harder to find similar content since there might be some that I couldn’t simply search for using the tags system.

EDIT: the isekai tag was removed some time earlier it seems. Thanks whoever did it.

Double-page supporter
@kn1000a Isn't that why a lot of these sites now have tags aside from genres for more specific topics? (Like this one has the reincarnation tag) But, that of course is all up to whoever inputs the tags whether it gets labeled properly. For example, NG Life ( https://mangadex.org/title/12332/ng-life ) is missing a Reincarnation tag on this site.

Fed-Kun's army
@GodGinrai Yeah it depends largely on whoever create the entry. A manga that has even one page of time-travel can still be tagged as time traveling even if that’s not the main focus. They won’t be wrong to do so either. If you’re looking up a reincarnation story and let’s say you even exclude the isekai tag on MD, it doesn’t guarantee you a reincarnation story focused on the mechanics of it like this manga.

The reverse can also be true: An isekai story that explores these sci-fi concepts deeply instead of focusing on the general tropes. How do you find this kind of stuff? You can’t. There’s simply no perfect ways to really lock-on these specific content, only manual trial-and-error.

Well just a personal rant. My original comment was mainly to praise this story and how rare it is to find it in a manga amidst the isekai popularity. Keep up the good work, PaulBunyan. Your quality has greatly improved since when you started out with the first chapter of this manga.

Group Leader
Kind of weird she can't understand the math considering she's in elementary school. It's kind of like saying "oh, I know 8 * 8 is 64, but I don't know how you get there, and can't reason through that it's just 8, 8 times over". It'd be more believable if the concept was something along the lines of "oh, I know that d/dx (3x+2)^2 is 6(3x+2), but I remember that the chain rule is the specific rule used to get there, how to use it even if I did, and what it means in context of graphing and calculus at large."

Group Leader
@kn1000a Just as a sidenote, the genre you're looking for in terms of reincarnation is "Tensei." "Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken" (reincarnation as a slime), "Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita" (reincarnation as a sword), or, god forbid, those two about reincarnating as a hot spring or a vending machine, etc.

Fed-Kun's army
@hijklol100 I mean.... this manga itself doesn't even has "tensei".

Also, both of those, while good isekai, are terrible reincarnation stories. Let's not even touch upon those hotspring/vending machine ones...

Users who are viewing this thread