Should I Sing to the Wild Rose - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful, but don't like that he simply left and never returned for all those years. It's not as if she wasn't right there accessible to him the entire time.
Also feels like he is indeed a fool, since now that he is an adult he could simply carefully dig up the earth she is located in and bring her to some better location - whatever the definition for that is in his mind. Somewhere more public where she can find more friends? Or somewhere private where he can monopolize her and possibly procreate? Maybe just a better spot to let her grow healthier (why did he become a teacher and not a botanist?)? Surely there are methods to de-thorn roses too?

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful, but don't like that he simply left and never returned for all those years. It's not as if she wasn't right there accessible to him the entire time.
Also feels like he is indeed a fool, since now that he is an adult he could simply carefully dig up the earth she is located in and bring her to some better location - whatever the definition for that is in his mind. Somewhere more public where she can find more friends? Or somewhere private where he can monopolize her and possibly procreate? Maybe just a better spot to let her grow healthier (why did he become a teacher and not a botanist?)? Surely there are methods to de-thorn roses too?
Dethorning would probably be hurting her, Plus if she's like a dryad, moving the spirit away from the plant probably isn't a good thing. Page 16 implies that she doesn't want to be taken away with strength.

The original poem this is based on has the guy basically gr@pe the young lady aka the rose. This oneshot is like an alternate ending where the man actually acounts for her feelings, treats her not as a prized thing (rose) but as a person and pushes through with a different method.

Besides that these old poems and dramas are all about long standing devotion and love not practical nail & hammer solutions

Aggregator gang
I like wild rose! her design is pretty <3
i think that this one shot is very unlikely to be serialized anytime soon, as it feels more like it was testing out a story idea (and to spread to a wider audience through the zenyon no tamago thing).
especially as midou matsuri has a serialization currently going called "hotel lobster blue"
https://comic-porta.com/series/1940/
i also personally think that "If You Sing to a Wild Rose" is a better translation of the title. it's the fact that theo did sing, not whether or not he should have, that started the plot, after all.

Aggregator gang
I like wild rose! her design is pretty <3
i think that this one shot is very unlikely to be serialized anytime soon, as it feels more like it was testing out a story idea (and to spread to a wider audience through the zenyon no tamago thing).
especially as midou matsuri has a serialization currently going called "hotel lobster blue"
https://comic-porta.com/series/1940/
i also personally think that "If You Sing to a Wild Rose" is a better translation of the title. it's the fact that theo did sing, not whether or not he should have, that started the plot, after all.
also bonus illustration from the author on pixiv
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/119282905

Dex-chan lover
CUTE SOUL FULL CUUUUUTE I LOVE IT UUUUOOOOHHHH CUUUUUUTE GOAL LIFU UUUUOOOOHHHH CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

Users who are viewing this thread