Shuuden de Kaesanai, Tatta Hitotsu Houhou - Ch. 30

Banned
Please don't make a big drama about this. Just be honest about your feelings and talk to each other. And then marry.

Edit: At times like these i really wish the translation would put some notes with what was said in japanese with "i love you". Was it suki, daisuki or aishiteru. Those are big differences between each of them and can change how you view the character's relationship dynamics. But translators are garbage most of the time so i've given up. Guess i'll go hunt for some raws yet again.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn, Ayaka! Your flip gets switched any harder and you are gonna have a heart attack! Guess I can't blame her though. This was all just so sweet and intense~ 🥰

Dex-chan lover
I'm seeing so many cute and honest love stories today! I am happier than overjoyed!

Dex-chan lover
that first guy commenting ruined my mood 😭 ty to the translators this was amazing !!
right wtf? I was coming to comment on how sweet they were and his comment ruined my mood completely.
Oh, he's an easy block for sure. That's even one of the more tame garbage comments they make. Why even see that shit fr
thanks for this. I didn't know you could ignore/block someone.

anw, thanks for the chapter! The last page was a bit ominous, I hope it won't be something too dramatic!

Group Leader
Please don't make a big drama about this. Just be honest about your feelings and talk to each other. And then marry.

Edit: At times like these i really wish the translation would put some notes with what was said in japanese with "i love you". Was it suki, daisuki or aishiteru. Those are big differences between each of them and can change how you view the character's relationship dynamics. But translators are garbage most of the time so i've given up. Guess i'll go hunt for some raws yet again.
Look, I'm not so presumptuous as to defend all of my translation decisions, but this is perhaps the most incredibly stupid take I have ever read.

I assume that you are referring mostly to page 12? The lines are suki - suki - Nanako ga suki - daisuki. Including a translator note making a distinction between a word that you heard in an anime and you now think you know the connotation of and another word with the same literal meaning is asinine and would just remove the reader from the experience. Also, merely repeating a single word has different literary rules in Japanese than it does in English.

I hope to god that this wasn't bait and I fell for it. And thanks to the other posters btw - I just felt the need to explain my reasoning in case anyone was curious.

Banned
Look, I'm not so presumptuous as to defend all of my translation decisions, but this is perhaps the most incredibly stupid take I have ever read.

I assume that you are referring mostly to page 12? The lines are suki - suki - Nanako ga suki - daisuki. Including a translator note making a distinction between a word that you heard in an anime and you now think you know the connotation of and another word with the same literal meaning is asinine and would just remove the reader from the experience. Also, merely repeating a single word has different literary rules in Japanese than it does in English.

I hope to god that this wasn't bait and I fell for it. And thanks to the other posters btw - I just felt the need to explain my reasoning in case anyone was curious.
Did not expect any less for an answer, quite honestly. Go back to deepl and your N4 reps if you can't see any difference. And if anything you take away from the reader experience from those that were not introduced to japanese media a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread