SHY - Vol. 15 Ch. 131 - Knock Knock

Dex-chan lover
well that is NOT what you want to hear your mother say after you wake up from your coma missing your legs...
On the other hand she seems to know what she said was wrong and it wasn't really her daughter fault, but extreme emotions rarely are logical, I honestly thought she would actively blame her daughter.

At least it's what I assume, we see her walking away and the flashback ends at that, so I think we're supposed to assume that is where it stops, though I imagine we're all supposed to assume that the mother never was quite the same due to grief, probably part irrationally blaming the daughter but deep down blaming herself and her husband because she realizes how dumb their decision was.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but I don't feel the manga is dark enough to go with the mother actively blaming her daughter, I suspect we'll see more flashbacks showing that the good things after the father died, maybe the mother being more loving to support her daughter to convince her to not fall for the Amalareiks bullshit

Dex-chan lover
On the other hand she seems to know what she said was wrong and it wasn't really her daughter fault, but extreme emotions rarely are logical, I honestly thought she would actively blame her daughter.

At least it's what I assume, we see her walking away and the flashback ends at that, so I think we're supposed to assume that is where it stops, though I imagine we're all supposed to assume that the mother never was quite the same due to grief, probably part irrationally blaming the daughter but deep down blaming herself and her husband because she realizes how dumb their decision was.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but I don't feel the manga is dark enough to go with the mother actively blaming her daughter, I suspect we'll see more flashbacks showing that the good things after the father died, maybe the mother being more loving to support her daughter to convince her to not fall for the Amalareiks bullshit
I think that moment of impulsive blame does all the damage it needs to. And we’ve already established that the mom is terrible at communicating her feelings, so it’s unlikely that she undid any of that damage.

Dex-chan lover
I think that moment of impulsive blame does all the damage it needs to. And we’ve already established that the mom is terrible at communicating her feelings, so it’s unlikely that she undid any of that damage.
For real, true or not you don't forget such words lol, I guess the only real question is if she gets better or not, I think there's 50/50 chance we get more flashbacks of her as a better mother cause this manga tends to be on the idealistic side of things, for most mangas I wouldn't expect her to change at all.

Dex-chan lover
i feel like the author overestimated reader's capacity to accept abusive behavior as understandable or forgivable within a familial context bc this is the type of shit that flashes before your eyes as you authorize the sale of your parents home and belongings to pay for their stay in the care home with the extra elder abuse option that you'll be living in a different country from after years of no contact.

edit:im reading some reddit threads on this and the near universal stance is, yeah we abandoning them. also staff tends to assume that youve been abusive if thats the case, so like.. manga is fun and all but the best this type of person can expect is a painless, lonely death and a coupon for a kansai cleaning service

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
page 4 is giving

476b51291ffc7d2e2b84cdc20e0ad2a2.webp

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh? Rather than being against the idea of the Neverlnd, is Kfufu criticizing Stigma's way of doing things here specifically since it really is just torture? Or did she somehow figure out about Stigma's relationship with Shy?

Dex-chan lover
How the hell do you even run a fuck up like that back as a parent when combined with her previous lack of affection?
:huh:

The instant regret was nice but damn.

edit: actually wait, nihilism mode activate, was it actually regret or merely an acute stress response from thinking about her husband's death, for if Pilse's legs were blasted apart to the point of needing amputation you could only imagine what she saw her husband reduced to by tanking most of the blast

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So pepesha did manage to save kfufu in the end? It would be a pretty nice touch that she can save the kid her mother couldnt, and i like those 2 together.

How the hell do you even run a fuck up like that back as a parent when combined with her previous lack of affection?
:huh:

The instant regret was nice but damn.

edit: actually wait, nihilism mode activate, was it actually regret or merely an acute stress response from thinking about her husband's death, for if Pilse's legs were blasted apart to the point of needing amputation you could only imagine what she saw her husband reduced to by tanking most of the blast
You're thinking WAY too hard on the matter. What she did is bog standard human nature. Grief and anger objectively make us blame the cause for it even if it was an accident. Even if it's MORALLY wrong to blame her for her father's death she did still technically cause it, and as human nature dictates her mom would blame her when her emotions are riding high. That's why things like "I lost myself in the heat of the moment" or "crimes of passion" are a thing. We do terrible things we don't actually want to all the damned time. YOU'VE probably said absolutely abhorrent things to someone as an offhand comment when you were pissed off or sad at some point in your life without even realizing it. The worse the situation is the worse those offhand comments will be. Human beings need emotional outlets, and by nature we also seek the path of least resistance in all things, hence why we tend to say or do stupid crap in response to grief and anger.

This is literally psychology 101.

Users who are viewing this thread