Site: Filter on Follows Updates

Fed-Kun's army
Adding a series to be followed into a specific status group is fine, but it kinda fails when using the "Follows > Updates" page as all tagged series, with the bell enabled, are shown. Most of the time I only want to see the updates for the series in status "Reading".
Please add such a filter, or tabs, or whatever to do this.
I believe the old site had a similar thing.

Upvote 5
Contributor
You can just desactivate the bell for the followed titles, so they don't appear in the Updates page.

Filtering in Updates would be greatly appreciated. What it lacks the most is being able to show only titles with unread chapters. It would be super useful if you follow more than dozens titles but not necessarily visit MangaDex every day (and read all the unread stuff then).

(Such filtering would be actually appreciated in Library too. - created separate thread for it: Site: Sort/Filter on Follows > Library)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Filtering in Updates would be greatly appreciated. What it lacks the most is being able to show only titles with unread chapters. It would be super useful if you follow more than dozens titles but not necessarily visit MangaDex every day (and read all the unread stuff then).

(Such filtering would be actually appreciated in Library too. - created separate thread for it: Site: Sort/Filter on Follows > Library)
This is what I want more than anything. Just a toggle or something to remove read chapters in the Follows page. I can understand holding off on that if the processing overhead would be too much, but it would be a functional upgrade if it isn't already planned.

Being able to filter by language would be incredible. There is too much information, makes it a pain to scroll through just to read one chapter and if you wait too long its hard to hunt down updates.

Read the docs
Staff
Developer
Filtering in Updates is planned once we do the feeds rework. Before that we won't make it because it will burn too much resources.

You can read some stuff about feeds rework here: https://mangadex.dev/an-api-to-rule-them-all/#future-considerations (technical), it's the last point. Quoting, because I can:
Feeds: This is something we didn't talk about in this post, but feeds are the most expensive request that we have at the moment on MangaDex. And every user has a unique feed based on the titles they are following so it is close to impossible to cache in the same way as other resources. We have some ideas to change that into a mix of pre-computed and on-demand lookups, similarly to how Twitter is handling timelines which would be a much more scalable long-term solution.

bumping this because if mangadex insists on having a 'library' and acting like a personal archive, it should have options to filter notifications.

I have titles that I have dropped and I do not want to get updated on any longer.

I can unfollow temporarily, but having the ability to mark manga with different status' is useful to see what you have already read or looked at before.

Dex-chan lover
bumping this because if mangadex insists on having a 'library' and acting like a personal archive, it should have options to filter notifications.

I have titles that I have dropped and I do not want to get updated on any longer.

I can unfollow temporarily, but having the ability to mark manga with different status' is useful to see what you have already read or looked at before.
You can do that by unchecking the bell
image.png

You can do that by unchecking the bell
oh, I see. I didn't know you could do that because it requires clicking on it again to open this window. The check mark is also a bit confusing once I do turn it off. From the default view (desktop) the two status' look entwined, rather than separate things.

This kind of thing might be more obvious if it makes sense

PVIIq2ri6FJx.png

Users who are viewing this thread