Skip and Loafer - Vol. 8 Ch. 46 - Warm Picnic

Rereading this chapter numerous times still bittersweet but i guess it wasn't time yet. It's okay mitsumi-chan and shima-kun, no rush. Still hoping for future romance tho.
Yeah, it's perfectly understandable that the time has definitely not yet come and that they will have to go quite a long way for a romantic relationship, but still ... so sad to see that they did not succeed. :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
This manga never fails to surprise me. It does everything so well!

I will be honest here. And it's just my personal thought.
The confession took me by surprise too. It did come out of nowhere. But right after that moment, we got a flashback showing Shima's past and heard a few other concerns he had. It created a doubt in my mind too, "is this the 'right time' for them to date?" Their feeling might be somewhat mutual but the relationship between these two wasn't on that level yet, which I felt.
And I think the author went that way, intentionally to show this side of the story too.

I am mentioning this cause most other romance manga would have continued it this way without causing them to break up. And this bold move by the author just surprises me, I was expecting it to leave me with this uncomfortable feeling of how they end up together and I wouldn't have been fully satisfied from the bottom of my heart.

Don't get me wrong, I do want them to end up together too. But with more romantic interactions that can leave me satisfied, and saying "they should go out".

Fed-Kun's army
let's go shima i came for the latest update cough*ch 52*cough. bearing news that fumi knows what's up. it's now okay to move past your diasppointments and express your own feelings. you now have somebody who validates and cares for them.

Double-page supporter
I am so fucking salty about them not being a cute couple growing together. Irrationally mad.
This is the best slice of life I’ve ever read.

Dex-chan lover
My intuition was right, i saw that coming from miles away... It was too soon for them starting they relationship

Users who are viewing this thread