Slime Life - Vol. 7 Ch. 175 - History and Fenrir

Dex-chan lover
how the heck would there be records that a person did something important but not what it actually was 💀

Dex-chan lover
how the heck would there be records that a person did something important but not what it actually was 💀
Records can be incomplete, lost, or destroyed. For example, the earliest surviving record of King Arthur simply states that "Arthur and Mordred perished at Camlann," but does not specify who Mordred was, what side he was fighting on, etc. All those details were invented later on as the legend was retold.

Dex-chan lover
Records can be incomplete, lost, or destroyed. For example, the earliest surviving record of King Arthur simply states that "Arthur and Mordred perished at Camlann," but does not specify who Mordred was, what side he was fighting on, etc. All those details were invented later on as the legend was retold.
sure, but even in your example, the "what" (and to some degree, the "who") are outlined. the veracity can often be debated, but those are pretty common in historical documents. even if it was from a biased (on either side) source, i think it's pretty rare to see a complete absence of the action. from what i've read, it's often the "whys" and "hows" that end up lost to time. "whens" are often inconsistent too

Dex-chan lover
sure, but even in your example, the "what" (and to some degree, the "who") are outlined. the veracity can often be debated, but those are pretty common in historical documents. even if it was from a biased (on either side) source, i think it's pretty rare to see a complete absence of the action. from what i've read, it's often the "whys" and "hows" that end up lost to time. "whens" are often inconsistent too
In that example the "what" of Mordred is completely absent. It's a mention of his death but there's zero information on what his accomplishments were or what makes him a significant enough person that his death is notable.

Users who are viewing this thread