Slow Start - Ch. 142

Dex-chan lover
I swear Tokumi-sensei is trying to test my redrawing skills, each chapter is getting harder than the previous one.

But I was able to redraw the first page, just ended not using it since it was hard to convey the altered name in english, so removing the original kanji would be a loss of information.
e5cqkNr.png

Fed-Kun's army
いちのせはな
威血呑勢覇那
Authoritative blood drinking power hegemonic na

doesn't actually mean that I just thought it's funny.
na doesn't seem to mean anything beside maybe なに (nani) and what the reply says it means. it's common in female given names, and used as part of place names as well.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
いちのせはな
威血呑勢覇那
Translated literally, it becomes: "authority blood drinking power hegemony Mahavairocana".
Also just noticed that the blurb promoting the tankobon uses delinquent kanji too, replacing 11 with 拾壱 and including the classic "yoroshiku (夜露死苦)".

Dex-chan lover
I swear Tokumi-sensei is trying to test my redrawing skills, each chapter is getting harder than the previous one.

But I was able to redraw the first page, just ended not using it since it was hard to convey the altered name in english, so removing the original kanji would be a loss of information.
e5cqkNr.png
Thanks for the chapter.
I completely agree with keeping the kanji (despite your excellent redrawing work), using them this way (i.e., using “esoteric” characters that could sound the same as what the delinquent is trying to say) is quite unique to Japanese and there isn’t an equivalent in English (though not that anyone outside of delinquents use them).

Dex-chan lover
Them even thinking that the all loving world class cinnamon roll Hana is being anything close to a bad girl is just too funny XD She's doing it for a good cause at least!

Dex-chan lover
what's this even for
Good question. Why did you copy paste an example from w3schools in the comment section of a manga that doesn't have anything even remotely to do with computers, and what question do you have that isn't already answered by w3schools?

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Good question. Why did you copy paste an example from w3schools in the comment section of a manga that doesn't have anything even remotely to do with computers, and what question do you have that isn't already answered by w3schools?
i was referring to the feature that allows code insertion, not the button tag. cuz the comment box allows this inserting of code. like, why is this allowed? i assume it wouldn't be if you could use it to do xss attacks. and it doesn't seem to work, at least with html, unless i'm missing something. i was wondering if the code could run, then i could do some wacky stuff (actually just copy paste someone else's). also is there bo way to delete comments?

Dex-chan lover
i was referring to the feature that allows code insertion, not the button tag. cuz the comment box allows this inserting of code. like, why is this allowed? i assume it wouldn't be if you could use it to do xss attacks. and it doesn't seem to work, at least with html, unless i'm missing something. i was wondering if the code could run, then i could do some wacky stuff (actually just copy paste someone else's). also is there bo way to delete comments?
Pretty sure that feature is to format code, not run code. If you need to show another user how to create a function, that tag makes the code you paste look properly formatted, with spacing and colors and stuff.

Dex-chan lover
You really think someone would intentionally add stuff that'd make XSS attacks possible? Why would you even visit a site where any random user could make you run a bitcoin miner?

No, the [CODE] tag and the [ICODE] one are here so you can post code with proper syntax highlighting and formatting such as indentation:
Python:
def my_function(food):
  for x in food:
    print(x)

fruits = ["apple", "banana", "cherry"]

my_function(fruits)
It's a pretty standard feature in most editors nowadays.

And no, you can't delete comments. Best you can do is edit them, as you've already done. You could try and report your post, asking a mod to delete it, but I don't know if this is a good idea.

Dex-chan lover
And yeah the code tag is a general purpose formatting thing, it just makes your
Code:
text look like it was written in a computer from the 90s and keeps the tab formatting that gets wiped out when you post normally

It's just a formatting thing and an artifact of frankly a better time on the internet where 'social media' meant forums and IRC and people who made fools of themselves were roundly mocked.

Users who are viewing this thread